• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenWord 3.0 Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

Master of None
Flight Instructor
I know LPH stated this is far away but maybe we can start discussing how we'd like to see XenForo integration with WordPress. Right now everything goes from WordPress to XenForo.

I'd love to see ....

1. an integrated login so I can use a WP ID or XenForo username.
2. Thread promotion to WordPress.

Adam H

Young Flying Bird
I Second Thread promotion function, With appropriate selection of canonical url to be able to tell Google which URL is the one it should be crawling plus additional options to help with such issues, would be happy to give my opinions on options when the time comes.

Something else ive posted earlier today which would be the ability to inject a class into some elements of a post to be able to format posts properly without having to add plugins and addons to achieve something i believe should be apart of the setup, whether this be through XenWords on Xenforo plugin which connects to the Wordpress plugin i dont know but id imagine some bbcode would be needed and some simple replacements ( Just guessing )

Also something else ive mentioned today, not sure if it will be 2.0 or 3.0 function but the bridge for Widget framework, if there is an installed widget on xenforo , id like to see it show in the wordpress widget list, obviously in its bare bones as i wouldnt expect you to be able to carry styling over by providing the Classes are there anyone can throw together some nice CSS into wordpress.

Ill add more as i think of them, i have plenty of ideas as would rather use wordpress over a bolt on forum portal any day of the week.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
@Paul - Thank you for starting this thread.

I'm very far away from version 3 because of a few key requirements to get both software applications to communicate with each other. WordPress is expected to include an API soon and so this will make things interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.