• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenForo 2 XenForo 2.0 Developer Preview Releases

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The XenForo Developer Preview is now available for download. This preview will allow developers to start working through the new changes for XenForo 2.0. This is not for a live production website.

These are some of the restrictions:
  • You cannot upgrade into this release. You will only be able to do a fresh installation (into an unused database).
  • You will not be able to upgrade out of this release. Subsequent developer previews will require a fresh installation. We will not support upgrading from a developer preview to a beta or other release.
  • You must be comfortable manually editing files, modifying file permissions and accessing PHP via the command line to setup and install this version. If you want to install this on an external server, you are very likely to need SSH access.
You would download this (and future) XenForo 2.0 releases in the same way you download any other version. Log into your Customer Area and click download on one of your licenses. Provided it's active, you'll have an option to change the version to the developer preview.

What's the hidden surprise? Documentation is now available.

I'm just starting out this morning by reading the new documentation.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Liam has kindly put up a test server with admin permissions so you can see the ACP.

Here is the sort navigation screen.

XF2 Sort Navigation.png

Pretty sweet !

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Want to edit a template? Line numbers are now available along with syntax highlighting !

XF2 Editing Template.png

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
I'm going to install XF2.0 until all addons I use are suitable for this version ;)

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I'm going to install XF2.0 until all addons I use are suitable for this version ;)

It's taken years to get XenWord up to the current state.

I've already marked XenWord 4.0 (Madison) as the first release to be XF2 compatible version. Having the developer documentation has already helped but I'm not looking forward to people clamoring for a feature parity product.

And using regular expressions .... ugh .... I've avoided regular expressions for decades.