1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WMP12 on Win7 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows Media' started by Pianoman, Jan 5, 2010.

  1. Pianoman

    Pianoman Flightless Bird

    I've changed few days ago my old pc and now I've an official copy of Win7
    Ultimate 64 bit with WMP12 installed on.

    Preface: I wish use WMP to manage all my media files (audio, video, photos)
    that are on the pc in several drives. I changed the original paths to find
    those files. It don't work immediately but works, best if after closed and
    reopened WMP.
    Problem: after found all files I desired, and closed WMP, when reopened it
    all video and photo files in the media catalogue are completely gone, are
    retained only the audio files. It shows only the demo video and pictures in
    the c: drive.

    Attempts: tried several times to repeat the process without any positive
    result.

    Solutions? Thanks to anyone.
    --
    Roberto
     
  2. On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 06:38:04 -0800, Pianoman <vanoncini.r@libero.it>
    wrote:

    >I've changed few days ago my old pc and now I've an official copy of Win7
    >Ultimate 64 bit with WMP12 installed on.
    >
    >Preface: I wish use WMP to manage all my media files (audio, video, photos)
    >that are on the pc in several drives. I changed the original paths to find
    >those files. It don't work immediately but works, best if after closed and
    >reopened WMP.
    >Problem: after found all files I desired, and closed WMP, when reopened it
    >all video and photo files in the media catalogue are completely gone, are
    >retained only the audio files. It shows only the demo video and pictures in
    >the c: drive.
    >
    >Attempts: tried several times to repeat the process without any positive
    >result.
    >
    >Solutions? Thanks to anyone.


    Ity sounds like the media library became corrupted (already ? I hear
    you cry !)

    Try going to the Tools -> Advanced -> Restore media library option.
    Press CTRL + M to show menus if they're not currently visible.

    HTH
    Cheers - Neil
    ------------------------------------------------
    Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
     
  3. Pianoman

    Pianoman Flightless Bird

    Thanks, I've tried but don't fix it. When restored all files and I close and
    then reopen the WMP, the catalogues about Video and Pictures are not stil
    there, only the Music catalogue has retained.

    Really I don't understand.
    --
    Roberto


    "Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:

    >
    > Ity sounds like the media library became corrupted (already? I hear
    > you cry !)
    >
    > Try going to the Tools -> Advanced -> Restore media library option.
    > Press CTRL + M to show menus if they're not currently visible.
    >
    > HTH
    > Cheers - Neil
     
  4. Tim De Baets

    Tim De Baets Flightless Bird

    Neil, I already suggested that in my reply to his duplicate post at
    microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer :p

    Roberto, please don't multipost as it may lead to confusion like this.
    If you really want to reach multiple newsgroups, crosspost instead, as
    explained at http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/unice.htm#xpost

    Regards

    --
    Tim De Baets
    http://www.bm-productions.tk

    Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] wrote:
    > On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 06:38:04 -0800, Pianoman <vanoncini.r@libero.it>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I've changed few days ago my old pc and now I've an official copy of Win7
    >> Ultimate 64 bit with WMP12 installed on.
    >>
    >> Preface: I wish use WMP to manage all my media files (audio, video, photos)
    >> that are on the pc in several drives. I changed the original paths to find
    >> those files. It don't work immediately but works, best if after closed and
    >> reopened WMP.
    >> Problem: after found all files I desired, and closed WMP, when reopened it
    >> all video and photo files in the media catalogue are completely gone, are
    >> retained only the audio files. It shows only the demo video and pictures in
    >> the c: drive.
    >>
    >> Attempts: tried several times to repeat the process without any positive
    >> result.
    >>
    >> Solutions? Thanks to anyone.

    >
    > Ity sounds like the media library became corrupted (already ? I hear
    > you cry !)
    >
    > Try going to the Tools -> Advanced -> Restore media library option.
    > Press CTRL + M to show menus if they're not currently visible.
    >
    > HTH
    > Cheers - Neil
    > ------------------------------------------------
    > Digital Media MVP : 2004-2010
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs
     

Share This Page