• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Win 7 and TrueCrypt

A

Alf

Flightless Bird
At the risk of being flamed by the likes of gordonbparker, I have a question that I hope someone will answer seriously.

I am running Win 7 Ultimate on a new Velcity Micro. I installed a secondary hard drive that I have encrypted with TrueCrypt. The install was successful, and I have been using it without problems for
about three months.

There is one quirk, however. If I have to restart the computer (like after a Windows update is installed), TrueCrypt does not recognize the drive. If I turn the computer off and back on, however,
there it is. This didn't happen with XP. Could anyone explain this to me?

TIA.

Alf

--
--------------------------------- --- -- -
Posted with NewsLeecher v4.0 Beta 12
Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet
------------------- ----- ---- -- -

J

Johannes Busch

Flightless Bird
Am 07.02.2010 12:49, schrieb Alf:
> At the risk of being flamed by the likes of gordonbparker, I have a question that I hope someone will answer seriously.
>
> I am running Win 7 Ultimate on a new Velcity Micro. I installed a secondary hard drive that I have encrypted with TrueCrypt. The install was successful, and I have been using it without problems for
> about three months.
>
> There is one quirk, however. If I have to restart the computer (like after a Windows update is installed), TrueCrypt does not recognize the drive. If I turn the computer off and back on, however,
> there it is. This didn't happen with XP. Could anyone explain this to me?

Which version of tc are you using? Did you encrypt the whole drive or
just a partition on it?

J

John Wunderlich

Flightless Bird
Alf <who@where.com> wrote in news:p_Sbn.5237$cq2.3678
@unlimited.newshosting.com:

> V. 6.3--whole drive
>

Truecrypt is up to V 6.3a.
Might be worth an upgrade.

-- John