• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Which should I get?

LeRoy

Baby Bird
I am looking for basic WordPress integration with my Xenforo forum.

Basically I just want a portal/front page that shows important topics/news from forum posts. I would also like to display popular (most downloaded or rated) resource downloads and new resource downloads (last 5 newly added resources for example).

Not concerned with anything else that WordPress might have available.

I'd like the forum thread to show the the post up to xx number of characters (if it's too long) with the ability to click the topic and be taken to the discussion.

This sounds like something for the monthly subscription based license, is this correct?

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Hi

I'd suggest you begin with the trial version and play around with it. It is an older version but you can at least get the feel. Next, I'd recommend considering the age of your site. The older and established sites are comfortable with the lifetime license -- it's done. In contrast, sites which are starting out should look at the monthly or the annual. It depends upon the budget.

LeRoy

Baby Bird
Where can I find the trial version?

Does the lifetime include lifetime updates? The site has been around since 2004, but I am moving away from PhpBB. I just installed Xenforo earlier today w/ resource manager plugin. Looking for a nice portal/front page plugin that will allow me to feature the resources mostly, but also want to be able to get news/articles relevant to my viewers easily within' one page load.