• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

What happened to the posts?

CarpCharacin

Baby Bird
Didn't this site used to have over 1 million posts? I think I remember seeing it on an old list of largest xenforo forums. What happened to all of the posts?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Yes. This site forums from tabletquestions.com was over 1 million. As umpcbuzz.com, tabletpcpost, incremental blogger, whatisnew.com were merged then I removed years of forum posts. None of umpcbuzz or 2002-2009 tuxreports.com blog posts are merged. The 1996 + blog posts from whatisnew.com are merged but not sorted.

Lots of history

https://www.tuxreports.com/about/

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
But why did you remove 1 million posts? Now there are only 70,000 and 50,000 are yours.

In my view, the quantity of older posts are a reflection of the past. As pointed out in the about page, there are more valuable posts that have never been added into the site, and that will take time and interest on my part.

Today, my attention has been on XenWord widgets and I managed to uploaded the new wide version of the latest forum threads widget for the WordPress installation. It looks like the permissions code is holding. And I'm looking at the new top posters code and not liking it.

:D