The U.S. Department of Labor Weekly Claims report was released today. The numbers were the lowest level since January 1. The nonfarm payrolls report for February will be available tomorrow.
- Initial claims for the week ending February 26, 2022, was 215, 000.
- 4-week moving average was 230, 500.
- There were 756, 629 initial claims in the comparable week in 2021.
- The total number of claims was 1,971,279.
- There was a total of 18,593,212 weekly claims in 2021.
- The highest insured unemployment rates were in Alaska (2.6), California (2.6), and New Jersey (2.5)
- The largest increases in initial claims were in Michigan (+3,500), Kansas (+724), and Utah (+454).
- The largest decreases were in Missouri (-6,949), New York (-3,037), and Ohio (-2,212).
Source: U.S. Department of Labor
Continue reading the Original Blog Post.