• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Tux Reports Network Changelog

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I spent some time this weekend fixing some of the errors in the network. For example, several themes were not loading. A new widget replaced the latest posts within several sites. Finally, a child theme was created and activated for this site.

The Genesis framework was not loading properly for several sites. This created nasty error messages (e.g., www.whatisnew.com, tuxreportstech.com). The latest version for the framework was installed.

The WordPress widget for the XenForo community was not linking to stories properly. A new widget by EasyTarget was installed and activated. This seems much cleaner than the originally installed widget. The widget is live on three sites.

This site was lacking a child theme and was using the default twentyten theme. A new folder was created, style.css modified, and files uploaded. The child theme was activated this afternoon.

Finally, the technology questions website redirection script to the Q&A plugin was removed. This redirection never sat well with me. I'd have preferred to have the plugin load without a redirection. I'll think of possibilities later.
View the Post on the Blog

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
A late thank you for the update. Network just keeps improving!

The network is actually starting to be branded well - thanks to you and Elizabeth. There are a few more hiccups which need to be addressed. A few are some major stumblers - but - we'll get through them.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Keep up the good work. You're making it easier for me to contribute. And thanks for accepting my efforts even when they do not attract as many educators as intended. I appreciate your and E's confidence in my efforts. We're getting closer together than I was alone. :)