• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

top black navigation clarity

dethfire

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
I've been getting a lot of feedback that it's not intuitive how an author gets to the dashboard to view their posts or write a new one. One has to know to hover over the speedometer icon on the far left to get the drop down to dashboard and even then new authors don't know what a dashboard is and if that will take them to their posts. When I step back it's all really unfriendly. There should be a direct and clear link to the Author's Dashboard" and or a link to "View Posts" and "Write new Post". Why so many hoops to jump and the obscurity for new wordpress authors?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Do the authors not see a toolbar at the top of the WordPress side?

I"m not sure that I'm following. On this site, with the toolbar enabled, there is a +New on the toolbar. This takes the author directly to adding a new post. What am I misunderstanding?

dethfire

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
Do the authors not see a toolbar at the top of the WordPress side?

I"m not sure that I'm following. On this site, with the toolbar enabled, there is a +New on the toolbar. This takes the author directly to adding a new post. What am I misunderstanding?
I totally missed that, thanks! What about viewing their past posts?