1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Windows 7 Start Menu

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by PDFrank, Jul 13, 2010.

  1. XS11E

    XS11E Flightless Bird

    "Dave \"Crash\" Dummy" <invalid@invalid.invalid> wrote:

    > XS11E wrote:
    >> New isn't always improved. As "Crash" pointed out, Windows 2000
    >> is, in many ways, superior to later OSs. *IF* MSFT released a 64
    >> bit version and improved USB support it would probably be the OS
    >> of choice for many, it's smaller, lighter and MUCH faster than
    >> any later version of Windows.

    >
    > Not only that, but I think those old, dead composers, like Bach
    > and Beethoven, are better than the latest top-40 music.


    I prefer the classics myself, here's one of the truly great:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UejelYnVI3U&feature=related



    --
    XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups
    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/
     
  2. Frank

    Frank Flightless Bird

    Re: alias loses again!

    On 7/17/2010 1:08 PM, Alias wrote:

    <--Deleted the crap from alias as a public service-->
    >
    > Puerto del Sol. Be there.


    You don't live in Madrid and anyone who buys two new laptops with 512 &
    1 gig of RAM in this day and age, obviously can't afford to travel to
    Madrid. I've got a much better, fool proof plan...I'll leave a prepaid
    ticked for you at the spanish airport of your choice, (can you find the
    airport from where you actually live), and you can fly to Paris.
    That way, we can end this diatribe and you can prove your manhood!
    Ok?
    No? Why? Oh...you're a fucking POS lying coward...as we all know.
    Oops!
    >
     
  3. Frank

    Frank Flightless Bird

    Re: alias loses again!

    On 7/17/2010 1:14 PM, Alias wrote:

    Definition of a "diss".

    Read'em and weep, cock sucker!

    http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/diss

    Enjoy, I know I did!

    Want more? Stick around, the fun is just now beginning and you are the
    one paying the tab!
    Hahahah!!!
     
  4. Alias

    Alias Flightless Bird

    Re: alias loses again!

    On 07/18/2010 08:11 AM, Frank wrote:
    > On 7/17/2010 1:08 PM, Alias wrote:
    >
    > <--Deleted the crap from alias as a public service-->
    >>
    >> Puerto del Sol. Be there.

    >
    > You don't live in Madrid and anyone who buys two new laptops with 512 &
    > 1 gig of RAM in this day and age, obviously can't afford to travel to
    > Madrid.


    False logic.

    > I've got a much better, fool proof plan...I'll leave a prepaid
    > ticked for you at the spanish airport of your choice, (can you find the
    > airport from where you actually live), and you can fly to Paris.
    > That way, we can end this diatribe and you can prove your manhood!
    > Ok?
    > No? Why? Oh...you're a fucking POS lying coward...as we all know.
    > Oops!
    >>

    >


    Puerto del Sol, coward. Wear a bullseye on your back so I know who it is.

    --
    Alias
     
  5. Frank

    Frank Flightless Bird

    alias takes it up his lying ass...again...as usual...Oops!

    On 7/18/2010 3:35 AM, Alias wrote:
    > On 07/18/2010 08:11 AM, Frank wrote:
    >> On 7/17/2010 1:08 PM, Alias wrote:
    >>
    >> <--Deleted the crap from alias as a public service-->
    >>>
    >>> Puerto del Sol. Be there.

    >>
    >> You don't live in Madrid and anyone who buys two new laptops with 512 &
    >> 1 gig of RAM in this day and age, obviously can't afford to travel to
    >> Madrid.

    >
    > False logic.


    On your part, yes!
    >
    >> I've got a much better, fool proof plan...I'll leave a prepaid
    >> ticked for you at the spanish airport of your choice, (can you find the
    >> airport from where you actually live), and you can fly to Paris.
    >> That way, we can end this diatribe and you can prove your manhood!
    >> Ok?
    >> No? Why? Oh...you're a fucking POS lying coward...as we all know.
    >> Oops!
    >>>

    >>

    >
    > Puerto del Sol, coward. Wear a bullseye on your back so I know who it is.


    *COWARD*! Your day will come.
    >
     
  6. johnbee

    johnbee Flightless Bird

    < "Gene E. Bloch" <not-me@other.invalid> wrote in message
    news:1rfjdn2nxz9sl.2ang4yvcedza$.dlg@40tude.net...

    You seem to be working hard to misdirect your efforts. I suggest you find
    some tutorial online or buy a decent book and work from there. >

    The thing is you see, I actually know where Windows 7 stores files, because
    I have bought various books and read them, and have had a good look at what
    the system does. Obviously, the fact that one needs to do that is ample
    evidence of what I am saying.

    If you don't agree, I am certain that Microsoft, and many book publishers
    would be happy to pay you well for writing a couple of short paragraphs
    about where files are stored.
     
  7. Gordon

    Gordon Flightless Bird

    On 18/07/2010 20:43, johnbee wrote:
    >


    >
    > The thing is you see, I actually know where Windows 7 stores files,
    > because I have bought various books and read them, and have had a good
    > look at what the system does. Obviously, the fact that one needs to do
    > that is ample evidence of what I am saying.
    >
    > If you don't agree, I am certain that Microsoft, and many book
    > publishers would be happy to pay you well for writing a couple of short
    > paragraphs about where files are stored.


    User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    name}/Documents. Where else would they be?
     
  8. Frank

    Frank Flightless Bird

    Re: alias takes it up his lying ass...again...as usual...Oops!

    On 7/18/2010 12:07 PM, Frank wrote:
    > On 7/18/2010 3:35 AM, Alias wrote:
    >> On 07/18/2010 08:11 AM, Frank wrote:
    >>> On 7/17/2010 1:08 PM, Alias wrote:
    >>>
    >>> <--Deleted the crap from alias as a public service-->
    >>>>
    >>>> Puerto del Sol. Be there.
    >>>
    >>> You don't live in Madrid and anyone who buys two new laptops with 512 &
    >>> 1 gig of RAM in this day and age, obviously can't afford to travel to
    >>> Madrid.

    >>
    >> False logic.

    >
    > On your part, yes!


    You are the idiot who wasted his money.
    >>
    >>> I've got a much better, fool proof plan...I'll leave a prepaid
    >>> ticked for you at the spanish airport of your choice, (can you find the
    >>> airport from where you actually live), and you can fly to Paris.
    >>> That way, we can end this diatribe and you can prove your manhood!
    >>> Ok?
    >>> No? Why? Oh...you're a fucking POS lying coward...as we all know.
    >>> Oops!
    >>>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Puerto del Sol, coward. Wear a bullseye on your back so I know who it is.

    >
    > *COWARD*! Your day will come.
    >>

    >
     
  9. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:59:14 +0100, Gordon wrote:

    > On 18/07/2010 20:43, johnbee wrote:
    >>

    >
    >>
    >> The thing is you see, I actually know where Windows 7 stores files,
    >> because I have bought various books and read them, and have had a good
    >> look at what the system does. Obviously, the fact that one needs to do
    >> that is ample evidence of what I am saying.
    >>
    >> If you don't agree, I am certain that Microsoft, and many book
    >> publishers would be happy to pay you well for writing a couple of short
    >> paragraphs about where files are stored.

    >
    > User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    > name}/Documents. Where else would they be?


    I was amused that johnbee also chose to clip a relevant part of my text
    when he replied.

    I think he also fails to realize that OSes are, by necessity, not quite as
    easy to use as a faucet.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
     
  10. Gordon

    Gordon Flightless Bird

    On 19/07/2010 23:26, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:59:14 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On 18/07/2010 20:43, johnbee wrote:
    >>>

    >>
    >>>
    >>> The thing is you see, I actually know where Windows 7 stores files,
    >>> because I have bought various books and read them, and have had a good
    >>> look at what the system does. Obviously, the fact that one needs to do
    >>> that is ample evidence of what I am saying.
    >>>
    >>> If you don't agree, I am certain that Microsoft, and many book
    >>> publishers would be happy to pay you well for writing a couple of short
    >>> paragraphs about where files are stored.

    >>
    >> User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    >> name}/Documents. Where else would they be?

    >
    > I was amused that johnbee also chose to clip a relevant part of my text
    > when he replied.
    >
    > I think he also fails to realize that OSes are, by necessity, not quite as
    > easy to use as a faucet.
    >


    But that's the whole point - they ARE! Certainly modern ones. Remember
    WFWG 3.11?
     
  11. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:44:19 +0100, Gordon wrote:

    > On 19/07/2010 23:26, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
    >> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:59:14 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 18/07/2010 20:43, johnbee wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>> The thing is you see, I actually know where Windows 7 stores files,
    >>>> because I have bought various books and read them, and have had a good
    >>>> look at what the system does. Obviously, the fact that one needs to do
    >>>> that is ample evidence of what I am saying.
    >>>>
    >>>> If you don't agree, I am certain that Microsoft, and many book
    >>>> publishers would be happy to pay you well for writing a couple of short
    >>>> paragraphs about where files are stored.
    >>>
    >>> User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    >>> name}/Documents. Where else would they be?

    >>
    >> I was amused that johnbee also chose to clip a relevant part of my text
    >> when he replied.
    >>
    >> I think he also fails to realize that OSes are, by necessity, not quite as
    >> easy to use as a faucet.
    >>

    >
    > But that's the whole point - they ARE! Certainly modern ones. Remember
    > WFWG 3.11?


    That was the one that convinced me it was time to run Windows.

    I'm hoping that, when you say that they are as easy to use as a faucet,
    you're just pulling my chain. Or Microsoft's?

    If not, then I can't come close to agreeing with you. If yes, then I'm
    laughing. Ha ha (see?).

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
     
  12. Gordon

    Gordon Flightless Bird

    On 21/07/10 01:43, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:44:19 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> On 19/07/2010 23:26, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:59:14 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On 18/07/2010 20:43, johnbee wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The thing is you see, I actually know where Windows 7 stores files,
    >>>>> because I have bought various books and read them, and have had a good
    >>>>> look at what the system does. Obviously, the fact that one needs to do
    >>>>> that is ample evidence of what I am saying.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> If you don't agree, I am certain that Microsoft, and many book
    >>>>> publishers would be happy to pay you well for writing a couple of short
    >>>>> paragraphs about where files are stored.
    >>>>
    >>>> User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    >>>> name}/Documents. Where else would they be?
    >>>
    >>> I was amused that johnbee also chose to clip a relevant part of my text
    >>> when he replied.
    >>>
    >>> I think he also fails to realize that OSes are, by necessity, not quite as
    >>> easy to use as a faucet.
    >>>

    >>
    >> But that's the whole point - they ARE! Certainly modern ones. Remember
    >> WFWG 3.11?

    >
    > That was the one that convinced me it was time to run Windows.
    >
    > I'm hoping that, when you say that they are as easy to use as a faucet,
    > you're just pulling my chain. Or Microsoft's?
    >
    > If not, then I can't come close to agreeing with you. If yes, then I'm
    > laughing. Ha ha (see?).
    >


    Well they must be easy. If my 87 year old mother-in-law can use XP.......
     
  13. johnbee

    johnbee Flightless Bird

    "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:i1vpv1$9fp$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >
    > User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    > name}/Documents. Where else would they be?


    Nice effort, but an excellent demonstration of what I have been saying.
    Such a directory does not even exist on my PC.
     
  14. Zaidy036

    Zaidy036 Flightless Bird

    In article <i27hh9$rd8$1@news.eternal-september.org>, johnbrockbank@com.invalid
    says...
    >
    > "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:i1vpv1$9fp$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    > >
    > > User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    > > name}/Documents. Where else would they be?

    >
    > Nice effort, but an excellent demonstration of what I have been saying.
    > Such a directory does not even exist on my PC.


    C:/Users\johnbrockbank\Documents is virtual and shows in WinExplorer as
    C:/Users\johnbrockbank\My Documents
     
  15. Gordon

    Gordon Flightless Bird

    On 21/07/10 20:24, johnbee wrote:
    >
    > "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > news:i1vpv1$9fp$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >>
    >> User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    >> name}/Documents. Where else would they be?

    >
    > Nice effort, but an excellent demonstration of what I have been saying.
    > Such a directory does not even exist on my PC.


    Don't be such a pedant. OK - I missed out the "My". Which certainly DOES
    exist.
     
  16. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:08:25 +0100, Gordon wrote:

    > On 21/07/10 01:43, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
    >> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 07:44:19 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >>
    >>> On 19/07/2010 23:26, Gene E. Bloch wrote:
    >>>> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010 21:59:14 +0100, Gordon wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On 18/07/2010 20:43, johnbee wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> The thing is you see, I actually know where Windows 7 stores files,
    >>>>>> because I have bought various books and read them, and have had a good
    >>>>>> look at what the system does. Obviously, the fact that one needs to do
    >>>>>> that is ample evidence of what I am saying.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> If you don't agree, I am certain that Microsoft, and many book
    >>>>>> publishers would be happy to pay you well for writing a couple of short
    >>>>>> paragraphs about where files are stored.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> User files are stored where the USER puts them - ie C:/Users/{Account
    >>>>> name}/Documents. Where else would they be?
    >>>>
    >>>> I was amused that johnbee also chose to clip a relevant part of my text
    >>>> when he replied.
    >>>>
    >>>> I think he also fails to realize that OSes are, by necessity, not quite as
    >>>> easy to use as a faucet.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> But that's the whole point - they ARE! Certainly modern ones. Remember
    >>> WFWG 3.11?

    >>
    >> That was the one that convinced me it was time to run Windows.
    >>
    >> I'm hoping that, when you say that they are as easy to use as a faucet,
    >> you're just pulling my chain. Or Microsoft's?
    >>
    >> If not, then I can't come close to agreeing with you. If yes, then I'm
    >> laughing. Ha ha (see?).
    >>

    >
    > Well they must be easy. If my 87 year old mother-in-law can use XP.......


    Yeah, but your 87-year-old mother-in-law might be a whole lot smarter than
    I am :)

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
     

Share This Page