• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

The Newsroom

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I finally took some time tonight and watched the "112th Congress" episode of The Newsroom. This is a powerful show. I wish I'd seen the first two episodes.

There is a scene in which the anchorman interviews Tea Party advocates. He leads them into discussing their funding and pounces on the rhetoric regarding the Koch brothers.

If only real anchors were this powerful.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I've watched episode 3 several times and recall many of these interviews and statements by anchors. Too bad people were not paying attention and didn't vote in the 2010 elections.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Yes, I agree! I think you can find the first episode on HBO.com It is even more powerful for me in the second scene where Will, the anchorman, argues with two professors at Northwestern that the U.S. is not the greatest country now, "...it was ... and can be again ... but is not now the greatest." He lists maybe 15+ (I didn't count) reasons why, all of which many of us know, such as 25th in high school math skills, higher birth-mortality rates, most spent on health care and results rank way down the list, etc. I look forward to the 3rd episode tomorrow.