• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

The Muscle Car Era

nextgen

Teen Bird
XenWord Owner
By the way things look after trying to find a small block for my 72 Nova it seems that the days of the good old V8 are really numbered as they are either being hoarded or are just have been let go to salvage yards and gone for good. Granted that you can still buy the popular 350 etc but a lot of the 305 etc are very very hard to find. I have a 350 and a 327 but my nova came with a 307 and that is what i want to put back in it. Impossible to find so i figure in about 10 years there will be no small blocks left.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
How sad! I'll keep a look out and let you know if I come across one. Happy hunting.

nextgen

Teen Bird
XenWord Owner
Thanks friend. In fact a friend of mine is looking for a passenger side 70 nova window cradle and offered to go in half on an entire nova just for the cradle and give me the rest of the car. But then where would i have found that cradle. LOL

I figure a 307 would make it back into an every day drive and still get that sound i miss. There is nothing like that lope in a chevy motor coming out of a set of glass packed mufflers.