• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

The Apple iPad 4: Apple Fights the L.A.W.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
There are more tablet choices today than the day of the initial iPad launched. And since the iPad announcement Apple has been in a knockout fight against competitors collectively known as The L.A.W. : Linux, Android, and Windows-based tablets. To push the battle deeper into a feature contest the future Apple iPad 4 is expected to destroy the competition through upgraded hardware.

The iPad 3 - Spring Release

DigiTimes quotes an industry source:
The iPad 3 will come with a QXGA (1,536x2,048 pixels) display and longer battery life although its other hardware specifications may not be so amazing as expected, said the sources. But Apple will take the advantage of the iPad 3 launch to slash the price of its iPad 2 to US$399, the sources claimed.​

The iPad 4 - Fall Release

This is potentially going to be a hardware upgrade: screen changes, processor changes, and megapixel camera changes. Doesn't that sound nice? This will all depend upon the Windows 8 Tablet PCs expected to be released in 2012. And, of course, Android boxes need Ice Cream Sandwich rather than Android 2.3.

Actually, I've been asking myself, "Should anyone ever buy a desktop again?" Notebooks (laptops) and Tablets are becoming more than second machines or companion devices. Actually, these are becoming primary devices.
View the Post on the Blog

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
I don't want any more desktops, and haven't since first using the second Tablet PC for sale in this hemisphere. However, as I remember, the forecast then was that Tablet PCs would replace desktops in 5 years. That replacement still hasn't happened almost a decade later. But, anticipating trends is good tech news copy and always fun, even when it is not accurate. Fun unless someone invests money based on such speculations. :)

Reactions: lph