• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Ten Things Obama Could Do Tonight To Earn My Vote

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor

Let's admit it. Tonight is not going to be as exciting as pundits want you to anticipate. They are all about ratings. You should be all about information. But you are not. You are more like the Romans sitting at the Colosseum. You are wanting to see a battle.

To bring about that type of entertainment, here is a short list of things Mr. Obama and Mr. Romney can do to get your money's worth.

Number One: Mr. Romney brings a pillow and blanket for Mr. Obama.

Number Two: Mr. Obama shows up in a professor's brown elbow patched jacket and bow tie. He explains he's going to school Romney on taxes and foreign policies.

Number Three: Mr. Obama rolls out a chalkboard with a check register pre-drawn. He asks Mr. Romney to balance the budget with his vague tax proposals.

Number Four: Mr. Obama flips over the chalkboard and there is a pre-drawn T-Chart. He asks Mr. Romney, "Are you Romney 1.0 or 2.0 tonight?"

Number Five: Mr. Romney rolls out a teleprompter and asks "Do you need this tonight?"

Number Six: Mr. Obama starts laughing hysterically during all of Mr. Romney's answers. He explains that he is doing his Sean Hannity and Rush impersonations.

Number Seven: Mr. Obama code switches to his best Clinton impersonation. He moves his tongue to the inside cheek, lifts a finger, and says to the audience, "Now wait for it. He really thinks you are going to believe him this time."

Number Eight: Mr. Romney looks into the camera with a straight face and says, "I'm against everything I said before because those were primaries. I'm running for office for Pete sakes!"

Now the pundits will go wild but we'll have our fun.

View on the Blog

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
LOL. Did you notice there aren't ten? LOL. Such insanity is pleasing to simple minds.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
The "debate" between the candidates and the moderator ended two nights ago without offering new information or vision of the future either candidate wants for the country. Some people want more "facts" about what each candidate will do. That request sounds as though any person as president can unilaterally instill programs. That sounds like wistful thinking that a president is a dictator or king, not a representative of collective action. Yes?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Some people want more "facts" about what each candidate will do.

The executive branch provides a balance between two other branches but rhetoric during campaigns can go overboard. For example, republicans using a talking point that gas prices are high because of presidential policies. Of course, that is nonsense. Oil is a global commodity, in which prices are set by trading and business people. Low information voters buy into these types of simplicity. High information voters attempt to understand the underpinnings of talking points, conspiracy theories, and memes pushed by politicians, lobbyists, and media personalities. Sometimes that concept is simplified into saying, "I want more information."

As Sarah said as a pre-teen: "There are two types of people, TMI and NEI."