• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Teachers are the new Jews

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The political landscape changed a few years ago. Public school teachers became targets, vilified as purveyors of all the ills of America. After all, if teachers did their jobs then we'd all be smart enough to only vote for Republicans.

While watching this trend, I started to move the words to the edge. What if we described the 3.2 million public school teachers as Jews. Let's insert in the phrase and suddenly our thoughts shift. Or do they?

The attack on the American teacher is the basis for a group of people claiming the U.S. economy would be better off without them. These individualists, who act in a concerted group, claim public school teachers are overpaid, under-worked, and hush now - dumb.

Initial words were that public unions were bad. These unions support democrats, therefore, they are mobs led by mobsters and mob-bosses. The rhetoric shifted slowly to 'media outlets' running stories about bad teachers doing evil. These stories reinforced the idea - teachers are bad.

Now we have students in the classroom taking this message and pushing it to a new low. Johnny is not only illiterate but it's the teachers' fault - that overpaid, no good teacher.

But - the teachers better not speak up - because they will openly become the target. Why? Speaking up makes the teacher a complainer - "Those no good for nothing Whiners!"

The next step is for the Americans for Prosperity group to start paying consultants to 'help' politicians figure out how to evaluate these rotten teachers. If Johnny doesn't read then blame the teacher - fire her. Taxpayers shouldn't pay for these pieces of non-human masses we call teachers.

You suck teachers. You suck money out of our economy.

Can't you hear the bitter middle aged man who can't pay his bills scream "Mrs. Blickenstaff is to blame."

Soon we will have to round up all these teachers and put them into camps for "educational reform." When these "educational reforms" fail - because we really just call them professional development - then for the better of our society we must crush these bugs and get them out of the classroom. We must encourage every American to stand up against these new Jews. We must purge our society.

Better still - let us remember these words:

"But even more: all at once the Jew [teacher] also becomes liberal and begins to rave about the necessary progress of mankind. "

Paul

Master of None
Flight Instructor
Teachers are overpaid. They only work for a few hours each day. They get summers off. They get every holiday off. They hardly work.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Yes, Flight Director, you touched a sensitive spot for me. Please, careful with making ethnic comparisons with teachers' status. Maybe both carry targets for unfair treatment. But not on the same scale of ''evil" treatment. Fair comparisons, no, unless you want to unmasking a bigoted side of your so far fairminded presence as an informed online teacher.

And, Paul, do you say you represent Mickey's view of teachers? You have a point that has been used against teachers for decades, especially after they turned their professional organizations (for example, the California Teachers' Association based in Burlingame, CA and NEA based in the Washington, D.C. area) into a union with the same names. It was a big money coup for public service union expansion. No, I don't have the facts at hand for use of teacher dues for other public service union development, but the situation has that appearance. Anyway, why do public employees like teachers and other government workers need a union? To argue against themselves as members of the public?

Yes, public school educators have an increased burden to carry since unions began pumping up their image a few decades ago into experts with something more than average people providing a historically useful public service. Now politicians have morphed that view into teachers in a "hero" status. That's a mighty big role to fill. Some can approach that status by changing the definition of hero. Good for those teachers. It stickes me as unfair to the other 99% of public school educators who fail to meet those criteria.

As a footnote, Mr Blickenstaff was a decades long family friend and my first public school superintendent when I started teaching in Azusa, CA. A wonderful person and an archtype administrator. Well respected in schools and communities. I still respect him and what he accomplished during that robust time of expansion including with multilanguage students.

Yes?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Is it a false equivalency for 3.2 million people to be described as evil?

Imagine putting up with this kid in your classroom. He could be fun.

Paul

Master of None
Flight Instructor
And, Paul, do you say you represent Mickey's view of teachers? You have a point that has been used against teachers for decades, especially after they turned their professional organizations (for example, the California Teachers' Association based in Burlingame, CA and NEA based in the Washington, D.C. area) into a union with the same names. It was a big money coup for public service union expansion. No, I don't have the facts at hand for use of teacher dues for other public service union development, but the situation has that appearance. Anyway, why do public employees like teachers and other government workers need a union? To argue against themselves as members of the public?

Teacher unions only exist to help bad teachers keep jobs. Otherwise unions wouldn't be needed. Crush the unions, fire the teachers, and our schools will get better.