• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Tablet Market Shares, Strategies, and Forecasts, Worldwide, 2012 to 2018

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
A new report of 334 pages, 104 tables and figures has been released by WinterGreen Research.

Included in the report is the following idea:

All PC makers have to switch to making tablet computers. PC computers are not going away, but they become significantly less important in a relative manner. Tablet and smartphone shipments have already eclipsed PC shipments and the trend is anticipated to continue. Tablets are mobile computing devices that provide Internet access and ultimately will do everything a PC will do, faster, cheaper, better. Who knew this would come along?

Yes. Tableteers have said this for over a decade. Tablets - fully functional PCs - are the future.

Here is another idea: "Tablet markets are forecast to grow at 29% year-over-year." This is a good growth rate.
View on the Blog

Paul

Master of None
Flight Instructor
Tablet and smartphone shipments have already eclipsed PC shipments and the trend is anticipated to continue.

This makes sense because I don't like being tied to a desktop. My only beef is the short battery life on tablets. They need to be all day - especially when I travel and there aren't any power plugs.