• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Support XF Forum-View Permission

Kerby

Young Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
In WP when I write an article I can choose by clicking on a dropdown list which forum i want to publish the new creating thread.

Bad: I have a lot of different writers in my backend writing articles and it shows every single forum to them in dropdown list. But it shouldn't show them private forums where they haven't acces xf-side. It should only show them forums they have access to.

Can you please add a xf permission check to the "Post to Forum" Dropdown?

Albert

Technology Writer
This can easily be done. Create new XenForo usergroups. This site uses WordPress Administrator, WordPress Author, WordPress Contributor. However, you can use something else like "Technology Writer" ... which has permissions for particular forums. The forum dropdown will then ONLY show those forums for that user. This stops the user from seeing the hidden forums.

@LPH. I know this because I am set as a WordPress Administrator and cannot see all the same forums you and Gracie get to see. My pull down list is not the same as Gracie's list :p