• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

suggestion: Aligning ID

Help for Health

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
The aligning wordpress and xenforo IDs are pretty hard to do.
I have many wordpress plugins that add to the complexity... and xenforo is also not straightforward in where to change the ID in the database.

Would be nice if this process could be automated, or at least instructed how to do in detail and verified if everything was correctly done.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Never change anything in XenForo. It is the master. Only make changes to WP database.

http://www.tuxreports.com/community/resources/howto-align-wordpress-and-xenforo-admins.37/

Yes. The more complex the site then the greater time it takes to adjust XenWord settings to your liking. Oddly, the more complex the code features, the greater the time it takes for established sites.

Above all, the original idea was for XenWord to be a simple plugin so that others could bridge a site. Adding new features has led to people wanting more features ;)

A universal alignment is virtually impossible due to some sites allowing the same emails for multiple accounts and multiple usernames. Information would need to be keyed off username, email, and XF ID. I could see a huge mess happen. However, I keep thinking about options with an association ID. Similar to how XenForo associates Google IDs etc.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Thanks... Another solution might be a user_id mapping that is manually done in wp

Sure - an association ID stored in the meta table - that requires user confirmation. It would require a massive rewrite. Since XF2 will require the rewrite then I had planned to try these things in XenWord 4. XF2 and the major changes to the admin area announced by Mullenweg for WordPress is going to heavily influence this plugin.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Hi Justin,

This isn't quite how it works. When user_id 625 logs into XenForo then user ID 625 is available in WordPress. If the two don't match then there is an issue. WordPress roles -- as you allude to -- can be done through the mapping feature in XenWord Settings. Simply setup XenForo secondary usergroups and map them to the WordPress role.