• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Implemented spaces in author name breaks author page

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I have not looked at this code yet to see what is happening. It is probably something in the class-xenword-author-link.php file that needs a way to identify spaces.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
@LPH The avatar is a problem on author pages: uploaded or gravatar. Simply use /author/username to confirm that the default is loaded. I did not look at the theme to see the code.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Can you manually put in a %20 between the first and last name (to fill the space) and see if that works?

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
In the XenWord control panel -- how do you have the author settings right now? Look under "User Permissions" -- are these set to on or off ? What happens when you change these?

This site rolls to the XenForo profile --

In your example, is the XenForo username KennyFelder or Kenny Felder (with space)?

dethfire

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
There is a space in his username in XF. I think wordpress now removes it and Xenword is trying to connect using without a space?

For author settings:

On
On
On
Off
Off

dethfire

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
This does not work either
Code:
https://www.physicsforums.com/insights/author/Dr.%20Courtney/

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
For now, can you change the settings so that the author is directed to the XenForo profile?

LPH said he was wanting to look at the code for creating the link tomorrow.

dethfire

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
Wordpress does not allow spaces in URL so if a forum username has a space, this will seem to always break