• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Implemented Showing XF posts on WP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beermonster

Baby Bird
XenWord Professional
First of all I have very little experience with WP, bear that in mind when answering :)

Can I have for example my general chat forum show on the WP main page everytime someone starts a thread?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
First of all I have very little experience with WP, bear that in mind when answering :)

Can I have for example my general chat forum show on the WP main page everytime someone starts a thread?

Hi,

I'm sorry for the late reply.

Let me see if I understand your question. You are asking if you can show a thread on a WordPress page? Or are you asking to show the latest thread?

I chose a particular thread and not the latest because this gives webmasters more control.

There is a widget for featured thread. This should be in your widgets area of WordPress. You may place that in any widget area.

If you are uncertain how to add widget areas for your theme then I recommend this video:

Beermonster

Baby Bird
XenWord Professional
I don't just want a list of titles showing on the sidebar I would like post from the forum showing on the front page, not the full posts just snippets of latest threads

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I don't just want a list of titles showing on the sidebar I would like post from the forum showing on the front page, not the full posts just snippets of latest threads

This is not a current widget but let me code something and see if it is what you want.

Beermonster

Baby Bird
XenWord Professional
Thanks, I will look forward to it.

I've used your HowTo: Show a XenForo thread in a WordPress Page, which is ok for specific forums but it would look very cluttered if I added all the forums

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I'm moving this thread to the suggestions so it doesn't get lost. I'm working on the widget for 1.0.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.