• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Satya Nadella: Mobile-first and Cloud-first World

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
LPH

Satya Nadella: Mobile-first and Cloud-first World

Screen-Shot-2014-07-12-at-11.35.15-PM-150x150.png

Satya Nadella, the CEO of Microsoft, let company employees know, via email conveniently available on the web, his vision and implored them to recognize that the world is a mobile-first and cloud-first world. He's right and his message is dangerously wrong.

The real internal bombshell regarding his message was the company reorganization. You may visualize my tongue sticking out and face souring. Enough with the reorganization. It's time to focus on product, completed product, and ship it to the customer. All the other stuff is just company nonsense that will not influence a customer. Sorry - it's the wrong approach.

He's correct that our world is now mobile-first as well as cloud-first. Consider the browser I am currently using. I can go to an android tablet, open up the browser and see the sites currently open listed. Next, I can buy a new chromebook, put in my email address and all of the programs and settings become available. It's easy.

These are the lessons to latch onto for the Microsoft Surface. Let me travel from device to device - without hassle. I know Microsoft has employees capable of understanding the frustrations of picking up a new machine and having to spend all day getting it up to speed.

This reminds me of the "instant-on" debates regarding the Tablet PC. Once the Apple iPad became available then it was obvious how the feature needed to be done.

Well, the android based tablets have shown the way for
http://www.tuxreports.com/microsoft/2014/07/12/satya-nadella-mobile-first-and-cloud-first-world/