• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Research Notes - Alpha Stage

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
A little project is starting to come together. Thanks to Caspio, and a little elbow grease, the research notes database is starting to take shape. This is a personal bookmarking database that will hold searchable notes and quotes.

At the moment, the database search form is embedded into XenForo. Feel free to tinker with it. There are only 3 articles linked. I'll add more later - after I celebrate getting this far into the project.

If you are a developer, and have good experience, then feel free to contact me in the comments. We can talk about expanding this into something to better lives.

View on the Blog

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
This is temporarily password protected so I can redesign the table relationships.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Good news !

A developer has agreed to work on the script and improve it. They are converting this to a MySQL database so that it is housed on our server rather than Caspio. Caspio is a fine company but $50 per month is too expensive and the cost would not be offset by advertising. The developer also had some ideas to improve the concept.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The database is done and the admin panel is about 50% done. Holidays are tomorrow and so work will start up again on Monday. Something should be presentable by the end of next week ... hopefully :)