• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Under Consideration Relative timestamps, exclude forums, graphics on Most Recent Discussions and other widgets

Justin Blase

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Hello there,

I would like to ask how we may accomplish or if you can consider these settings on one of your next releases of Xenword.

On the Most Recent Discussions widget (or other XF thread related widgets) is it possible to:

1. Have the same Xenforo relative timestamps, e.g. Just now, 4 minutes ago, 38 minutes ago, 5 hours ago, Today at 04:27, Yesterday, 5 days ago etc...

2. On the same widget, can we have a field where we include several forum IDs to exclude from showing recent discussions shown in this widget?

Is it possible so that beside the thread link and timestamp, there's also an option to show the parent forum title AND link it to the parent node of the listed threads.

4. Can we have this widget also to have an option to display an icon or a selected graphic (we don't want avatars as they're often inapropriate) to be shown before each thread in the list. Ideally we want to have forum/node specific icons shown before each title, but that obviously is a stretch.

We're very impressed with the possibilities of XW so far and have adapted it quiet well to fit our needs. We made a lot of progress in the test environment, so we need to fine tune it more and the requests above would certainly provide us with final steps before launching the site public.

Hopefully with the frequent releases and maintenance packages/ bug scrubbing that you issue, you may consider adding or enhancing the features to include the points asked.

Justin Blase

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Can you also add a Currently Online row in the Community Statistics WP widget.
That string would show the total number of total users online, without showing if they're members and/or guests.

Last edited:

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Can you also add a Currently Online row in the Community Statistics WP widget.
That string would show the total number of total users online, without showing if they're members and/or guests.

Oh, I get it. You want an option to show the total online in the stats widget rather than using the separate members online widget.

OK. I guess this is possible.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
@Justin Blase Is this what you mean?

Online Members Community Statistics.png

This shows total, members, guests, and robots.

community stats only total.png

This shows total only

community stats options.png

These are the current options for that widget.

Does that work for you?

Last edited:

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
@LPH is there any development or if you can provide me with the code snippets to have this implemented.

Thanks

The current beta includes work on the comments system only. Even this work comes with LPH's stern warning to me, "Due to possible duplication of comments, do not put this beta on a live site."

Development is currently very slow. This happens. He was bouncing between XenWord 3 and 4 then stopped. There may be a snag, he's going through tutorials, waiting for something, or exhausted. Maybe all the above.

Justin Blase

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Thanks @Gracie. I understand the probable complications with the request from original post.

I was hoping that the implementations from post #4 would be ready to test, as they seem to work from screenshots provided.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Actually, I saw some internal bantering on number 4 because the avatars were an addition after the original widget. I know his original idea was to not add new features to XenWord 3, and add things only to XenWord 4. However, XF2 is in alpha and takes more than a few changes in the bridge and other add-ons. He's starting to change his mind.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
XenWord 4 development is the priority and I'm trying to bring it up to match feature to feature with XenWord 3. If I find something while working through the code then it's being fixed for 3.x. Currently, the way some customers are using the WordPress database feature has unexpectedly caught my attention.

For now, all of your ideas are under consideration for the widgets. Three widgets are being worked on for XenWord 4. Currently, they are incomplete due to the changes in the way XenForo 2 code is done. it's a huge undertaking.

Please watch the XenWord 4 thread for details.

Justin Blase

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
XenWord 4 development is the priority and I'm trying to bring it up to match feature to feature with XenWord 3. If I find something while working through the code then it's being fixed for 3.x. Currently, the way some customers are using the WordPress database feature has unexpectedly caught my attention.

For now, all of your ideas are under consideration for the widgets. Three widgets are being worked on for XenWord 4. Currently, they are incomplete due to the changes in the way XenForo 2 code is done. it's a huge undertaking.

Please watch the XenWord 4 thread for details.

Thanks,
Will Xenword 4 also work with Xenforo 1.5+ or only for Xenforo 2+ ?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Thanks,
Will Xenword 4 also work with Xenforo 1.5+ or only for Xenforo 2+ ?

XenWord 4 is for XenForo 2. It’s very different coding; however, as I work through things then I’m learning how to do things in XenWord 3 better. For example, using WP_comment_Query rather than get_comments.