• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Reinstalling Vista

• Thread starter Thangamani Prab
  • Start date
T

Thangamani Prab

Flightless Bird
Hi
I have a HP Pavillion dv5-1235dx Entertainment Notebook PC came with Windows Vista, purchased in USA

As the OS was corrupt a few days before, my buddies installed Windows 7 which is not comfortable to use the old applications that is been used before.

Now I want to reinstall the Windows Vista that came along with my HP Pavillion dv5-1235dx Entertainment Notebook PC. But I found I don't have any recovery discs and the sad thing is the serial number of windows vista printed on the sticker stuck at the bottom of the laptop is not visible even with a magnifier, so that I can claim with Microsoft, I believe!

I left all my belongings in USA with my friend with the plan of returning to USA but I didn't. Hence the bills / receipts for the laptop is now nowhere, since my friend also left to his country China, leaving all my things in USA.

Now I am left with s/n: & p/n: of the laptop printed on the sticker at the bottom of the laptop. Kindly advice me the methods that I should follow to reinstall the Windows Vista with my laptop by downloading the OS from Microsoft. I can't purchase a new copy of the OS, as it is a costly affair for me as of now. Please help me with your suggestions and guidance to use my laptop as earlier.

Regards