1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re update history

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by David Wells, Feb 26, 2010.

  1. David Wells

    David Wells Flightless Bird

    I had a update for windows defender fail when I tried it again worked
    ok. Now in my list of updates I show that it failed and then in was
    ok. Is there any way to removed the one in the list that shows failed.
     
  2. SC Tom

    SC Tom Flightless Bird

    "David Wells" <nospan@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:cfrfo55b41095uvr0ttb2pdrqs1i9onhok@4ax.com...
    >I had a update for windows defender fail when I tried it again worked
    > ok. Now in my list of updates I show that it failed and then in was
    > ok. Is there any way to removed the one in the list that shows failed.


    No way to remove it that I have ever heard/read. Any particular reason why
    you want to remove it?
    --
    SC Tom
     
  3. Andrew

    Andrew Flightless Bird

    "David Wells" <nospan@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:cfrfo55b41095uvr0ttb2pdrqs1i9onhok@4ax.com...
    > I had a update for windows defender fail when I tried it again worked
    > ok. Now in my list of updates I show that it failed and then in was
    > ok. Is there any way to removed the one in the list that shows failed.


    Why?
    The purpose of the logging and auditing is to show failures and successes.
    It's doing it right.
    The usual problem with updates failing to install is PFR's (Pending file
    renames.) http://mikesalsbury.com/tag/pending-file-rename/
    A reboot will replace all the PFR's on shutdown, and then the next time the
    update is applied it succeeds.
    You should keep your log with all it's failures and successes, so you can
    track down a problem in the future if you need to.

    --
    Andrew
     
  4. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On 2/26/10, David Wells posted:
    > I had a update for windows defender fail when I tried it again worked
    > ok. Now in my list of updates I show that it failed and then in was
    > ok. Is there any way to removed the one in the list that shows failed.


    Here's an irreverent suggestion: don't start a new thread with "Re" in
    the subject line...

    It's harmless to have the entry in the log.

    --
    Gene Bloch 650.366.4267 lettersatblochg.com
     

Share This Page