1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Re: Dual Boot Linux and XP

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Peter Foldes, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Peter Foldes

Peter Foldes Flightless Bird

Crossposted for a better answer

"Kathy Taylor" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
    news:hq4842$2fd$1@speranza.aioe.org...
    >I have a desk top computer that uses SATA hard drives. It currently has XP Pro
    >installed on one drive. I want to add another SATA drive so I can dual boot with
    >Ubuntu. What I don 't want is Grub putting its stuff on the XP drive. Can I merely
    >disconnect the XP drive and connect the drive I am going to put Ubuntu on, install
    >it and then power down and connect the XP drive and use the BIOS to choose Ubuntu
    >or XP to boot (my computer will let me choose where to boot by pressing an F key)?
    >If so, should the Ubuntu drive be connected to the same place on the motherboard
    >where the XP drive is now and switch it to the second place on the motherboard or
    >just go ahead and install Ubuntu with it connected to where it eventually will
    >always be? Also, I have read that RAID might be a problem. If so, how? I hope I've
    >been clear.
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > Kathy Spencer

2. Dave-UK

Dave-UK Flightless Bird

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#EIuPS$2KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    > Crossposted for a better answer
    >

Why cross-post it here? This is a Windows 7 group, not XP or Linux.
    Like most of your posts, useless.

3. DanS

DanS Flightless Bird

"Dave-UK" <Here@Home.com> wrote in
    news:pcmdnfa7Uvo3ZVjWnZ2dnUVZ8qWdnZ2d@giganews.com:

>
    > "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > news:#EIuPS$2KHA.4028@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
    >> Crossposted for a better answer
    >>

>
    >
    > Why cross-post it here? This is a Windows 7 group, not XP
    > or Linux. Like most of your posts, useless.

Because this person is a real tool ?