• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Open For Discussion Quoted comments are far too large

Laron

Young Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
When a person quotes someone in the comments of a post on wordpress (not xenforo thread) their text comes up in a giant size. It needs to be a similar size to the xenforo thread.

While this may not be a bug, it currently looks really out of place and is a bit of a unprofessional look for my site. It's something of a higher priority I would like looked at.

This is how it looks on wordpress:

wordpress ex.jpg

This is how it looks on xenforo:

xen ex.jpg

I am using the Newspaper theme on wordpress. It would be good to have the quoted comments displayed in a similar way to how xenforo displays them.

Goodfella

Teen Bird
When a person quotes someone in the comments of a post on wordpress (not xenforo thread) their text comes up in a giant size. It needs to be a similar size to the xenforo thread.

While this may not be a bug, it currently looks really out of place and is a bit of a unprofessional look for my site. It's something of a higher priority I would like looked at.

This is how it looks on wordpress:

View attachment 1631

This is how it looks on xenforo:

View attachment 1632

I am using the Newspaper theme on wordpress. It would be good to have the quoted comments displayed in a similar way to how xenforo displays them.
I can confirm this.

Laron

Young Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
Me too. Then I am going to use the plugin wpDiscuz.
Do you know if that would work with Xenword? That plugin looks great. If it wasn't for Xenword, I would be with Disqus again.

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
Yes, it works well with Xenword, I used it on my Dutch website :)
upload_2017-3-9_17-17-39.png

Laron

Young Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
@robru, did you know that if you edit the comment on wordpress (I have installed wpDiscuz) that the thread reply on xenforo is not updated to reflect the edit? The same goes if you edit a reply on xenforo, the edit is not reflected in the comment on wordpress. This is something I will have to think about as I'm not sure if this is a bug I want to have there permanently. (It's the sort of thing that won't be fixed by anyone I expected)

In addition to that, if you delete a comment on either xenforo or wordpress, the comment does not get deleted from the other (so you have to delete the same comment twice from each space)

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
did you know that if you edit the comment on wordpress (I have installed wpDiscuz) that the thread reply on xenforo is not updated to reflect the edit?

Correct. It's done once and not on an edit. It's how it was built. Let's hope @LPH can rework this with XenWord 4 but I know he's stated XW 4 is feature parity first then he'll start adding things. Each time he adds a feature then he gets asked to add more --- and he loves it ! LOL

Laron

Young Flying Bird
XenWord Professional
Correct. It's done once and not on an edit. It's how it was built. Let's hope @LPH can rework this with XenWord 4 but I know he's stated XW 4 is feature parity first then he'll start adding things. Each time he adds a feature then he gets asked to add more --- and he loves it ! LOL
I guess I am thinking that perhaps I should disable replies on xenforo and direct users to the article on wordpress for any replies and comments, or is it worth just letting that bug exist? Hmmm....

robru

Baby Penguin
XenWord Professional
did you know that if you edit the comment on wordpress (I have installed wpDiscuz) that the thread reply on xenforo is not updated to reflect the edit? The same goes if you edit a reply on xenforo, the edit is not reflected in the comment on wordpress. This is something I will have to think about as I'm not sure if this is a bug I want to have there permanently. (It's the sort of thing that won't be fixed by anyone I expected)
This problem was only being as admin. As members comments will be fine ;)