• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Promote thread to Wordpress ?

Adam H

Young Flying Bird
Ive had a little play with Xenword today, loving what i see so far. Id also love to see a feature where its possible to push a thread and replies to wordpress. ( if this is already a feature which i havent found please let me know lol ).

So basically there is a thread on the forum which you would like to highlight on the homepage, other portals etc you can press "promote to homepage" and that thread and replies would then be pushed to the homepage.

It would basically do what Xenword does now , but in reverse order......effectively when promoted to homepage a new Wordpress post would be created, with the contents of the first post of the forum thread etc.

Adam H

Young Flying Bird
Yeah its what im looking for unless ive missed something, i have thread lists and random posts in custom widget positions but was really looking for the option where you could post a thread in the forum, then push it to wordpress in the same way you would currently create a post in wordpress and push it to the forum.

Of course it could be that im not explaining myself very well.........this happens alot :D

Paul

Master of None
Flight Instructor
I knew what you meant :D

It's just that doing things on the XenForo side is 3.0 and not 2.0. I started a thread for 3.0 suggestions. @LPH --- can we start a forum for 3.0?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I'm a fan of promoting to WordPress posts or pages but this will require more understanding of XenForo. I thought it might mean creating code to sit on the XenForo side -- meaning two uploads, etc. I'm waiting for WordPress to release their API -- which might be of value to getting both WordPress and XenForo talking to each other better :)

can we start a forum for 3.0?

Let's not do that right away. It'll be too confusing for some people. Let's me get an alpha version out first :D

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Let's you do that !

There was a jump in code from 2.4 to 2.5 alpha. The change is due to the new Redux Framework. Changing the framework last time caused grief. The roll out will probably be much slower so the code is well tested before release.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Cool idea, but it would require a secondary XF addon right?

Yes. At the moment. I'm trying to figure out how to include calls outside of XenForo so everything is still packaged inside XenWord.