1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenForo 2 Problem with posting excerpts with Xenword Pro 2017 & Xenforo 2

Discussion in 'XenWord Pro 2017 Suggestions' started by Gregory Lynn, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Gregory Lynn

Gregory Lynn Teen Bird XenWord Professional

There is a problem with posting excerpts with Xenword Pro 2017 & Xenforo 2. It inserts some weird formatting and messes up the excerpt.

[​IMG]

2. Gracie

Gracie Dogs Times Writer

Looks like HTML code is being inserted. XenWord uses setContent only. @LPH will need to find out if there is a way to convert things to BBCode.

3. LPH

LPH Flight Director Flight Instructor

This was definitely a feature fix needed. It's now in the next release. Sorry for the hassle. It took hours and hours to work through only two lines. :(

4. Gregory Lynn

Thank you LPH I know you work hard and I am looking forward to the fix. :)

5. LPH

Thank you. I opted to add a few more missing features before releasing this next beta. The XenWord Pro 2017 is not feature parity to the 3.5.2 release.

6. Gregory Lynn

That's good to hear, and I can only imagine how hard it is to write code for 2 different software. Also, do you know when Xenword pro will be out of beta? And thanks again. :]

7. LPH

Thank you for understanding. Bouncing between the two can give me a headache. Luckily it's a great learning experience. I'm much better at understanding XF1 after the struggles in XF2; however, coding in XF2 is much cleaner.

Don't forget to follow this thread:

https://www.tuxreports.com/community/threads/xenword-pro-2017-notes.610502/page-2#post-1944355