• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

printing final saved docs

A

amandarox

Flightless Bird
I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original
date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...?

B

Bob I

Flightless Bird
Don't use NOW() or Today() fields, as they update to current time.

amandarox wrote:

> I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original
> date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...?

M

macropod

Flightless Bird
Hi amandarox,

Assuming your invoices are Word files, select the 'date' and press Shift-F9. This will expose the field code, which will look
something like { DATE }. Simply change 'DATE' to 'SAVEDATE', press F9 to update the field, then Ctrl-F11 to lock it (Ctrl-Shift-F11
unlocks it again) or Ctrl-Shift-F9 to permanently change it to plain text. For the future, you could lock or convert the date fields
on the date the invoice is finalised.

Note: if the invoices are always finalised on the day they're created, you could modify the invoice template to use a SAVEDATE field
instead of the DATE field. And, even if the invoices are not always finalised on the day they're created, you could still use a
SAVEDATE field combined with re-saving the invoice using File|Save As on the finalisation date. Using a SAVEDATE field this way
avoids the need to remember to lock or convert the date fields.

--
Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]

"amandarox" <amandarox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F5866CE-F36B-42A2-A772-739C83BBE4BF@microsoft.com...
>I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original
> date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...?