1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

printing final saved docs

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by amandarox, Jan 26, 2010.

1. amandarox

amandarox Flightless Bird

I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original
    date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...?

2. Bob I

Bob I Flightless Bird

Don't use NOW() or Today() fields, as they update to current time.

amandarox wrote:

> I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original
    > date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...?

3. macropod

macropod Flightless Bird

Hi amandarox,

Assuming your invoices are Word files, select the 'date' and press Shift-F9. This will expose the field code, which will look
    something like { DATE }. Simply change 'DATE' to 'SAVEDATE', press F9 to update the field, then Ctrl-F11 to lock it (Ctrl-Shift-F11
    unlocks it again) or Ctrl-Shift-F9 to permanently change it to plain text. For the future, you could lock or convert the date fields
    on the date the invoice is finalised.

Note: if the invoices are always finalised on the day they're created, you could modify the invoice template to use a SAVEDATE field
    instead of the DATE field. And, even if the invoices are not always finalised on the day they're created, you could still use a
    SAVEDATE field combined with re-saving the invoice using File|Save As on the finalisation date. Using a SAVEDATE field this way
    avoids the need to remember to lock or convert the date fields.

--
    Cheers
    macropod
    [Microsoft MVP - Word]

"amandarox" <amandarox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F5866CE-F36B-42A2-A772-739C83BBE4BF@microsoft.com...
    >I have invoices saved marked as final , and when I try to print with original
    > date created, it changes date to the day it is opened...?