• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Presale technical question

sdugoten

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
Hi,

1. If my Wordpress have say 100 users. I now need to install XenForo. Would Xenword will sync all existing users to Xenforo in a single batch?

2. For any new user registeration in Wordpress, would XenWord also create the coresponding user in XenForo?

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Hi

Thank you for asking your question. This isn't how XenWord operates. XenWord uses XenForo as the master database. All logins are done through XenForo and a copy of the user information is moved to the WordPress database.

There isn't a batch method to move accounts from WordPress to XenForo -- mainly because of password storage differences between the two software.

If the site is established WP, and new XF, then you would need to do some manual work in the database. This is so that user_id and IDs match. Unfortunately I'm unaware of an easy way around this challenge.

sdugoten

Tween Bird
XenWord Professional
So, on new user registration , user will register on Xenforo, and information will be copy to Wordpress by Xenword?