• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Pheed: Pay or Stay Away

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The premise of the new social networking company is that people are bored with Facebook and the content on Twitter is too low - with both containing way too much noise. The solution is Pheed, a service which launched a few days ago. Of course, you can sign up through your Facebook or Twitter account. :)

According to Forbes:

Pheed is a self-made and self-funded startup, which operates out of a rented six-acre mansion on Mulholland Drive, sort of frat house meets R&D facility. Somehow, the startup got over 200 taste-makers and celebs to sign up for the site—and quickly! Pheed only launched a few days ago and has already hit over 350,000 unique visitors. All this without their much-needed iPhone app, which is currently pending approval.

I wish them well but paying for content is a business model and not a technical shift. We need better use of aggregation and sharing (technical shift) versus a business model.

I may also be turned off by this service because of the tattoo images. Yeah - it isn't appealing to see someone disrespecting their body and showing it off. After all, tattoos still represent a gang concept in my own thinking.