• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

outlook 2003 file has reached it's maximum size

zillah

Baby Bird
Dear Experts

With the outlook 2003 not 2002 (limit to 2 G8) I have been experiencing this problem

Cannot move the items C:/Documents and Settings\johnallen\local settings\applicationdata\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst has reached its maximum size.
To reduce the amount of data in the file, select some items that you no longer need and then permanently delete them by pressing SHIFT + DELETE. You could consider using the new outlook prsonal folders file (.pst) introduced with outlook
2003 that provides greater capacity for storing items and folders.
Then I renamed the old profile to Outlook_OLD.pst then created a new profile called outlook.pst ,,,,,and move all folders from Outlook_OLD.pst to Outlook.pst

Then I uninstalled Office 2003 and installed office 2007.

But still I am experiencing same problem

Then I compacted the .pst file as suggested in the link below :

outlook 2003 file has reached it's maximum size - Tech Support Forum
You can compact the .pst file by doing the following:

- Click File -> Data File Management
- Select the data file that you want to compact then choose 'Settings'
- Click 'Compact Now'
But still no joy

Then I tried this
How to configure the size limit for both (.pst) and (.ost) files in Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, and in Outlook 2003
Code:
Outlook 2007
The policy location for the registry entries is located in the following path in Registry Editor:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\PST
But I have got this part : ' Office\12.0\Outlook\PST ' of the above registry path is missing

Thanks