• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Only my pride is hurt

nextgen

Teen Bird
XenWord Owner
Ouch !! I feel your pain LPH. After years of repetitive motion as an electrician i have carpal tunnel and my right thumb and fore finger just jam up. Could have sent ya my brace. :)

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Ouch !! I feel your pain LPH. After years of repetitive motion as an electrician i have carpal tunnel and my right thumb and fore finger just jam up. Could have sent ya my brace. :)

I stopped wearing that brace after a day because I couldn't get work done. My thumb still gets numb but I try to stretch it out.

nextgen

Teen Bird
XenWord Owner
If stretching does not work Southern Comfort does.. LOL My thumb and fore finger used to jam at the worst time like when i am dealing with a live bus bar when dressing a panel out. I wonder if a good shock might help the nerves. :arghh:

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
The irony of a thumb jam is that it can hurt worse than some other "real" injuries. Guess that's because a jammed thumb is like a paper cut that gets the nerves all worked up. I can move that thumb just right - and - BAM - instant pain.