1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

on docks to top of screen?!

Discussion in 'Microsoft OneNote' started by Alceste, Feb 12, 2010.

  1. Alceste

    Alceste Flightless Bird

    the title says it - after working very well since i got the program, docking
    suddenly behaves funny: when going to dock mode (whether from an icon or
    keyboard shortcut) the program docks to the top edge of the screen rather
    than to the left side.
    How do I get the docking back to the side of the screen?

    Windows 7, ON 2010
    --
    Alceste
     
  2. Alceste

    Alceste Flightless Bird

    here is the solution - found on the internet (sorry, i forgot where)
    you can actually drag the docked window as you would a toolbar, and deposit
    it on the left or right, top or bottom, as you wish.
    I must have done so inadvertently.
    --
    Alceste


    "Alceste" wrote:

    > the title says it - after working very well since i got the program, docking
    > suddenly behaves funny: when going to dock mode (whether from an icon or
    > keyboard shortcut) the program docks to the top edge of the screen rather
    > than to the left side.
    > How do I get the docking back to the side of the screen?
    >
    > Windows 7, ON 2010
    > --
    > Alceste
     
  3. jenny

    jenny Flightless Bird

    hi, im having the same problem. i found the same solution on the internet but
    it still doesnt work. did it work for you?

    windows 7, onenote2010


    "Alceste" wrote:

    > here is the solution - found on the internet (sorry, i forgot where)
    > you can actually drag the docked window as you would a toolbar, and deposit
    > it on the left or right, top or bottom, as you wish.
    > I must have done so inadvertently.
    > --
    > Alceste
    >
    >
    > "Alceste" wrote:
    >
    > > the title says it - after working very well since i got the program, docking
    > > suddenly behaves funny: when going to dock mode (whether from an icon or
    > > keyboard shortcut) the program docks to the top edge of the screen rather
    > > than to the left side.
    > > How do I get the docking back to the side of the screen?
    > >
    > > Windows 7, ON 2010
    > > --
    > > Alceste
     
  4. djprius

    djprius Flightless Bird

    Jenny,

    I assume you are referring to the 'pane' ones get for spelling,
    research and the like. I also assume what you are trying to do is
    'lock' that pane against the right side of the screen -- the default
    position.

    If I am correct, then in OneNote 2010 (and the procedure is basically
    the same on OneNote 2007), you left click on the title bar (where it
    says, Spelling, for example) and you will see an icon with arrows
    pointing in four directions. While holding the left mouse button,
    slowly drag the window with the icon still showing to the right edge of
    the screen -- as far a possible. A large amount of the pane will
    disappear off the screen; that is okay. When you drag it far enough,
    the pane will pop into place, just as the default.

    David

    **************************************************************************

    On 5/25/2010 11:50 AM, jenny wrote:
    > hi, im having the same problem. i found the same solution on the internet but
    > it still doesnt work. did it work for you?
    >
    > windows 7, onenote2010
    >
    >
    > "Alceste" wrote:
    >
    >> here is the solution - found on the internet (sorry, i forgot where)
    >> you can actually drag the docked window as you would a toolbar, and deposit
    >> it on the left or right, top or bottom, as you wish.
    >> I must have done so inadvertently.
    >> --
    >> Alceste
    >>
    >>
    >> "Alceste" wrote:
    >>
    >>> the title says it - after working very well since i got the program, docking
    >>> suddenly behaves funny: when going to dock mode (whether from an icon or
    >>> keyboard shortcut) the program docks to the top edge of the screen rather
    >>> than to the left side.
    >>> How do I get the docking back to the side of the screen?
    >>>
    >>> Windows 7, ON 2010
    >>> --
    >>> Alceste
     

Share This Page