• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

XenForo 2 No Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
You ignored my request. I asked that you stop opening new tickets and keep to one. They are all related. Each time I help then you make changes. I can't help when this is done repeatedly.

I'm going to try to help many others in my reply.

Always develop a local site. Make sure WP works. Install XenForo. Make sure XenForo works. Align users. Install only XenWord as a plugin. No other plugins should be active. No other XenForo addons should be installed. Play with settings. Convince yourself you understand the way things work. Test making threads via a post. Test comments. Test new users. Test user groups and mapping. Test other plugins by adding them one at a time. Do not jam 70+ plugins at once and expect a happy site. Keep copious notes on changes you are making to the site. Record everything you are doing.

Once XenWord is understood then work on a staged site or if this isn't available then go live when there is little traffic. On the live site, watch everything. Pay attention to www, http, alignment. Again, and this is very important, do not have other plugins installed when manipulating settings for XenWord.

Otherwise, we just go in circles.

In a ticket, if you are asked to deactivate plugins, it is because my modifying a live site is out of reach of support. It's too dangerous and a liability I don't want.

I've done installations for hundreds of sites -- and the above has held true for years. It's your site. It's your baby. I'm here to help but there are steps every webmaster must take to make their site unique.

Now, in your case, one ticket, one suggestion. Please follow the above steps. Specifically, deactivate the other plugins and test. Strip out anything that isn't default and build from there. It'll be painful but necessary. Actually, it's the fastest method to build a stable site. Ultimately, you need to test how user mapping is done. Make changes and see how this influences WP users.

You can do this. It takes time for some and I'm sorry that the documents aren't clear for everyone. Best of luck and please report back in one ticket (clarify which one and I will close the others) after you've done these steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.