• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

New Year Resolutions

admin

Flight Instructors
Flight Instructor

Do you have a New Year Resolution that you promise you'll keep until next year?

The first day of the year is a great day to look at long and short term goals. Setting goals is a dynamic process and reviewing your progress is essential to completing the goals.

I keep a full page of long term goals printed and taped to my bathroom mirror. I started this about 10 years ago. The file is a simple MS-Word document and I update it every few months by using a strike through when something is done. I also add a revision date at the bottom of the document. After making changes, I printout a new copy and replace the old one.

Some of the ideas seemed far-fetched, for example, owning a home. The goal was way out of reach. Yet, I bought a home 7 years after typing that goal.

Some goals have been easy to complete, for example, finishing the reading of a particular book.

Some goals have never been near reality. I won't give any examples because they are private.

In fact, making goals public can help you reach the goal. This site is a goal - which made my list 5 years ago. This goal has been helped by many people and it wasn't until I made the goal public that friends started asking about the network's progress. So - thank you for your help, your ideas, and your continued support.

What goals have you set? Are they 5 year goals, 10 year goals, or goals for today?
View the Post on the Blog

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Nicely stated. I'd probably have asked you, "Do you mean if or when something is done" on your list of goals? I prefer to use when over if, and I also think that's the way you operate. Keep up the suggestions. I find them useful reminders.