• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

New Yahoo CEO to Earn $27-million plus other compensations

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
scott_thompson.jpg

According to Bloomberg (2012), "Yahoo! Inc. Chief Executive Officer Scott Thompson may receive compensation of as much as $27 million, including salary, potential bonus, restricted shares and other forms of pay."

“That seems unusually high,” Mark Mahaney, an analyst at Citigroup Inc., said of Thompson’s compensation during an interview on “Bloomberg West.” “That said, you know, you are taking him away from a very successful company. You’re putting him in a risky situation.”

You think that is high? Ha. Wait until you discover his other compensations.

Other compensation includes an equity grant with a target value of $11 million, a one-time “inducement grant” of $5 million, a cash bonus of $1.5 million and restricted stock units that carry a grant-date value of $6.5 million.

Does this man work x times more than any other employee? No. Once more, all the employees at the company are taking a risk. Based on that reason, then, they should all be paid in the millions to continue to work there.

This is simply vulgar.

What are the odds that he'll start selling off pieces of the company, downsize, and move parts of the company overseas? :p

References
Bloomberg. (2012). Yahoo’s New CEO May Have Compensation as High as $27 Million. Retrieved January 7, 2012, from http://www.businessweek.com/news/20...-have-compensation-as-high-as-27-million.html

Photo Credit: Paul Sakuma / Associated Press

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Vulgar or decadent or both when compared with the average employee compensation, but the board has something in mind for him to do that they don't trust other employees to do. But then, how else can he afford to make major contributions to politicians and their minions in order to get trades in other countries that the company needs for growth. Oh my. Perhaps that's too cynical a statement.

Hmm. Does this make him a member of "the One Percent?"

Not knowing any inside discussions, it will not surprise me to hear of downsizing, reorganizing, shifts in products, new contracts with third parties headed by "former" employees, etc., starting before the end of this fiscal quarter.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Probably not mine either, but I can't always tell one celebrity from another in stores downtown. Some, maybe many have get-a-way homes here.