• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

monitoring one application resources

waineck

Baby Bird
I have a question about my problem with monitoring usage of specific program - in my case VirtualBox,
VMware workstation and Microsoft Virtual PC. I want to monitor how much of computer resources is application using during
some work in virtual computer - guest. I need that to work on my host Windows 7. I need a graphic line view of usage and text. Problem is that
task manager is showing just total usage of all processes, in resource monitor you can select which process you want to monitor but it only shows for
60 second and doesn't have option of saving graph or text log files. The only one that i found was AnVir task manager but it's showing some weird
numbers and graphs if you compare to resource monitor. Performance monitor in windows has options of selecting what to monitor, it's not my
favourite choice, but you can't select just to monitor one application only full computer statistic. My question to you is how to monitor just
one application resources (CPU,RAM and disk usage - read/write) in windows performance monitor or how to monitor that in any other program?