1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Player 12 Very Hash Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Trimble Bracegirdle, Sep 7, 2010.

  1. Trimble Bracegirdle

    Trimble Bracegirdle Flightless Bird

    When playing DIVX AVI Movie (Films) files in Windows 7's Media Player 12
    & Media Canter I get Very Hash Picture Quality
    as if the sharpness & contrast was turned up far to high.
    BUT I don't have this in other Players e.g. Media Player Classic ...VLC
    player ....
    on the same system or when playing other types of Video file..

    I recently installed the K-Lite Codec Mega Pack but this effect was there
    before.

    I've been through the Video Settings in my ATI Control Panel
    & I have the latest Drivers for my Radeon HD 5870.

    Essentially I need to turn down the Sharpness & overall picture strength
    but can't find any way ???
    @@@Mouse@@@
     
  2. Nil

    Nil Flightless Bird

    On 07 Sep 2010, "Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in
    alt.windows7.general:

    > When playing DIVX AVI Movie (Films) files in Windows 7's Media
    > Player 12 & Media Canter I get Very Hash Picture Quality
    > as if the sharpness & contrast was turned up far to high.


    You just asked the exact same question 4 days ago. Do you think you
    will get different answers if you keep asking the same people over and
    over again?
     
  3. Dave \Crash\ Dummy

    Dave \Crash\ Dummy Flightless Bird

    Nil wrote:
    > On 07 Sep 2010, "Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in
    > alt.windows7.general:
    >
    >> When playing DIVX AVI Movie (Films) files in Windows 7's Media
    >> Player 12 & Media Canter I get Very Hash Picture Quality
    >> as if the sharpness & contrast was turned up far to high.

    >
    > You just asked the exact same question 4 days ago. Do you think you
    > will get different answers if you keep asking the same people over and
    > over again?


    Isn't that the definition of insanity?
    --
    Crash

    "Facts are stubborn things, but statistics are more pliable."
    ~ Laurence J. Peter ~
     
  4. Trimble Bracegirdle

    Trimble Bracegirdle Flightless Bird

    I asked on a different aspect of this question a few days ago &
    did not get much in the way of answers .
    You do not seem to have taken any interest then just as you have not shown
    any interest
    in the issue now.
    @@@
     
  5. Trimble Bracegirdle

    Trimble Bracegirdle Flightless Bird

    OK I get this groups message.
    Its for snotty nosed, self important, computer ignoramuses,
    sniggering kids wallowing in themselves,
    to strut there attitudes & drive & intimidate away anybody
    trying to use the Group for its intended purpose.
    I will not be coming here again.
    ....R U Happy Little Pigs now ???
    @@@@
     
  6. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 22:51:48 +0100, Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:

    > OK I get this groups message.
    > Its for snotty nosed, self important, computer ignoramuses,
    > sniggering kids wallowing in themselves,
    > to strut there attitudes & drive & intimidate away anybody
    > trying to use the Group for its intended purpose.
    > I will not be coming here again.
    > ...R U Happy Little Pigs now ???
    > @@@@


    (If you happen to read this)

    So two people gave you an answer you didn't like, so you are assuming
    that *all* the people in this group are the same way.

    That might even gain you yet another answer you don't like...

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
     
  7. Char Jackson

    Char Jackson Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:51:04 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
    <not-me@other.invalid> wrote:

    >On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 22:51:48 +0100, Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
    >
    >> OK I get this groups message.
    >> Its for snotty nosed, self important, computer ignoramuses,
    >> sniggering kids wallowing in themselves,
    >> to strut there attitudes & drive & intimidate away anybody
    >> trying to use the Group for its intended purpose.
    >> I will not be coming here again.
    >> ...R U Happy Little Pigs now ???
    >> @@@@

    >
    >(If you happen to read this)
    >
    >So two people gave you an answer you didn't like, so you are assuming
    >that *all* the people in this group are the same way.
    >
    >That might even gain you yet another answer you don't like...


    I thought I gave a serious, thoughtful, and detailed response the
    other day, but it's like he never even saw it. His/her only follow up
    was to repost essentially the same question a few days later.
     
  8. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:03:38 -0500, Char Jackson wrote:

    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 17:51:04 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
    > <not-me@other.invalid> wrote:
    >
    >>On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 22:51:48 +0100, Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
    >>
    >>> OK I get this groups message.
    >>> Its for snotty nosed, self important, computer ignoramuses,
    >>> sniggering kids wallowing in themselves,
    >>> to strut there attitudes & drive & intimidate away anybody
    >>> trying to use the Group for its intended purpose.
    >>> I will not be coming here again.
    >>> ...R U Happy Little Pigs now ???
    >>> @@@@

    >>
    >>(If you happen to read this)
    >>
    >>So two people gave you an answer you didn't like, so you are assuming
    >>that *all* the people in this group are the same way.
    >>
    >>That might even gain you yet another answer you don't like...

    >
    > I thought I gave a serious, thoughtful, and detailed response the
    > other day, but it's like he never even saw it. His/her only follow up
    > was to repost essentially the same question a few days later.


    You (and two others) did & he didn't accept it...

    I was just commenting on his radical over-generalization of the evidence
    on hand, as he/she saw that evidence, not necessarily as others here saw
    it :)

    Given the subject line (and he repeated this in the body), maybe he was
    smoking something or eating interesting brownies. That might explain
    all.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
     
  9. Trimble Bracegirdle

    Trimble Bracegirdle Flightless Bird

    Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign of
    having read
    ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.

    I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    @@@Mouse@@@
     
  10. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 02:18:46 +0100, Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:

    > Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign of
    > having read
    > ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >
    > I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    > but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    > @@@Mouse@@@
    >


    You miss my point utterly.

    No *newsgroup* deserves anything. Maybe (maybe!) some users deserve
    something.

    Not to mention that some people gave you useful information in your
    earlier post.

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
     
  11. Paul

    Paul Flightless Bird

    Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
    > Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign
    > of having read
    > ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >
    > I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    > but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    > @@@Mouse@@@
    >


    I tried the Asus graphic card forums (vip.asus.com), and looked for
    the 5870 there, and no threads there match your symptoms. Some version
    of Catalyst driver, caused issues for games, and one guy had
    a card which had a real messed up gaming screen (for practically
    any 3D game). But I didn't find anything particular for movie
    playback issues.

    You could also try looking around the forum here. I can see
    the odd complaint about HDMI here, on their new cards.

    http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=260&forumid=11

    Paul
     
  12. Paul

    Paul Flightless Bird

    Paul wrote:
    > Trimble Bracegirdle wrote:
    >> Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign
    >> of having read
    >> ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >>
    >> I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    >> but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    >> @@@Mouse@@@
    >>

    >
    > I tried the Asus graphic card forums (vip.asus.com), and looked for
    > the 5870 there, and no threads there match your symptoms. Some version
    > of Catalyst driver, caused issues for games, and one guy had
    > a card which had a real messed up gaming screen (for practically
    > any 3D game). But I didn't find anything particular for movie
    > playback issues.
    >
    > You could also try looking around the forum here. I can see
    > the odd complaint about HDMI here, on their new cards.
    >
    > http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=260&forumid=11
    >
    > Paul


    Imagine having to set the pixel format, on an HDMI output, to make
    it work properly. What next...

    http://forums.amd.com/game/messageview.cfm?catid=260&threadid=136564&enterthread=y

    Paul
     
  13. Dave

    Dave Flightless Bird

    "Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in message
    news:i66o9r$4qn$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    > Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign of
    > having read
    > ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >
    > I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    > but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    > @@@Mouse@@@
    >
    >
    >


    Sorry, unless you have a legitimate email address in your header I consider
    you a troll, especially when you post flames.
    Dave
     
  14. Char Jackson

    Char Jackson Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:46:05 -0500, "Dave" <davidj92@wowway.com> wrote:

    >
    >"Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in message
    >news:i66o9r$4qn$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >> Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign of
    >> having read
    >> ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >>
    >> I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    >> but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    >> @@@Mouse@@@
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >Sorry, unless you have a legitimate email address in your header I consider
    >you a troll, especially when you post flames.
    >Dave


    Almost no one uses a valid email address on Usenet, for very good
    reason.
     
  15. Gene E. Bloch

    Gene E. Bloch Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:10:04 -0500, Char Jackson wrote:

    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:46:05 -0500, "Dave" <davidj92@wowway.com> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in message
    >>news:i66o9r$4qn$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >>> Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign of
    >>> having read
    >>> ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >>>
    >>> I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    >>> but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    >>> @@@Mouse@@@
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>Sorry, unless you have a legitimate email address in your header I consider
    >>you a troll, especially when you post flames.
    >>Dave

    >
    > Almost no one uses a valid email address on Usenet, for very good
    > reason.


    Well, then, according to David, most of us are trolls.

    See you under the bridge, Char :)

    I used to own a Saab, back when they had 2-cycle engines and you could
    get a window sticker that said "Made in Trollhattan by trolls".
    That's why *I* use a fake e-mail address...

    --
    Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch)
     
  16. Char Jackson

    Char Jackson Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:48:07 -0700, "Gene E. Bloch"
    <not-me@other.invalid> wrote:

    >On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:10:04 -0500, Char Jackson wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:46:05 -0500, "Dave" <davidj92@wowway.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in message
    >>>news:i66o9r$4qn$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >>>> Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign of
    >>>> having read
    >>>> ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >>>>
    >>>> I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    >>>> but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    >>>> @@@Mouse@@@
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>Sorry, unless you have a legitimate email address in your header I consider
    >>>you a troll, especially when you post flames.
    >>>Dave

    >>
    >> Almost no one uses a valid email address on Usenet, for very good
    >> reason.

    >
    >Well, then, according to David, most of us are trolls.
    >
    >See you under the bridge, Char :)
    >
    >I used to own a Saab, back when they had 2-cycle engines and you could
    >get a window sticker that said "Made in Trollhattan by trolls".
    >That's why *I* use a fake e-mail address...


    I don't have a similarly cute story, darn it, but I wish I did. When I
    started using Usenet in 1984 I didn't have an email address, so I had
    to make something up. I didn't get my own email address until 1991,
    and by that time it had become crystal clear to me that Usenet is
    Usenet and email is email, and (almost) ne'er the twain shall meet.

    See you under the bridge. I'll bring drinks, you bring sandwiches. :)
     
  17. Dave

    Dave Flightless Bird

    "Char Jackson" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
    news:vhvd86pvma8e8rdplb0dkc6puonf4ttna2@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:46:05 -0500, "Dave" <davidj92@wowway.com> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in message
    >>news:i66o9r$4qn$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >>> Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign
    >>> of
    >>> having read
    >>> ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    >>>
    >>> I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    >>> but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    >>> @@@Mouse@@@
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>Sorry, unless you have a legitimate email address in your header I
    >>consider
    >>you a troll, especially when you post flames.
    >>Dave

    >
    > Almost no one uses a valid email address on Usenet, for very good
    > reason.
    >


    Sorry for message in the post, actually, what I was trying to say should
    have been the opposite, when you flame and don't have a valid email
    address...
    But, since I didn't see the original post and don't know it's attitude, I
    should not judge and apologize for the flame on my part.
    I agree with you on not using a valid email address and understand the
    reasons although I hadn't taken the time to look at my own email address.
    Dave
     
  18. Char Jackson

    Char Jackson Flightless Bird

    On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 08:48:29 -0500, "Dave" <dave@unknown.com> wrote:

    >"Char Jackson" <none@none.invalid> wrote in message
    >news:vhvd86pvma8e8rdplb0dkc6puonf4ttna2@4ax.com...
    >>
    >> Almost no one uses a valid email address on Usenet, for very good
    >> reason.
    >>

    >
    >Sorry for message in the post, actually, what I was trying to say should
    >have been the opposite, when you flame and don't have a valid email
    >address...
    >But, since I didn't see the original post and don't know it's attitude, I
    >should not judge and apologize for the flame on my part.
    >I agree with you on not using a valid email address and understand the
    >reasons although I hadn't taken the time to look at my own email address.
    >Dave


    Sounds good, thanks. :)
     
  19. Ken Blake

    Ken Blake Flightless Bird

    On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:10:04 -0500, Char Jackson <none@none.invalid>
    wrote:

    > On Tue, 7 Sep 2010 21:46:05 -0500, "Dave" <davidj92@wowway.com> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >"Trimble Bracegirdle" <no-spam@never.spam> wrote in message
    > >news:i66o9r$4qn$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    > >> Nether of them even attempted to give an answer & in fact show no sign of
    > >> having read
    > >> ether this thread starter Post or the related one 4 days back.
    > >>
    > >> I sorry Gene, for that stupid list of insulting nonsense,
    > >> but if any Newsgroup ever deserved it ....?.
    > >> @@@Mouse@@@
    > >>
    > >>
    > >>

    > >
    > >Sorry, unless you have a legitimate email address in your header I consider
    > >you a troll, especially when you post flames.
    > >Dave

    >
    > Almost no one uses a valid email address on Usenet, for very good
    > reason.



    As far as I'm concerned, there are *two* reasons why I don't use my
    real e-mail address in newsgroups:

    1. It can be harvested by spammers (that's probably the reason you
    meant).

    2. I don't want to get e-mail replies to my posted messages. If you
    want to reply to me, reply in the newsgroup.
     
  20. Char Jackson

    Char Jackson Flightless Bird

    On Wed, 08 Sep 2010 07:25:29 -0700, Ken Blake
    <kblake@this.is.invalid.com> wrote:

    >On Tue, 07 Sep 2010 22:10:04 -0500, Char Jackson <none@none.invalid>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> Almost no one uses a valid email address on Usenet, for very good
    >> reason.

    >
    >
    >As far as I'm concerned, there are *two* reasons why I don't use my
    >real e-mail address in newsgroups:
    >
    >1. It can be harvested by spammers (that's probably the reason you
    >meant).
    >
    >2. I don't want to get e-mail replies to my posted messages. If you
    >want to reply to me, reply in the newsgroup.


    Those are my top two reasons, as well. Online privacy is somewhere on
    my list, too, somewhat below those two.
     

Share This Page