• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Looking for Xenforo plugin

artofwargaming

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Well, as the title says. I'm looking for recommendations for a Xenforo plugin.

I run a gaming community, and prior to switching my forums from bbpress to Xenforo, I utilized Buddypress as a social engagement plugin. I don't need to use it anymore and moving forward, I want to utilize Xenforo for the majority of plugin usage and keep Wordpress to what Wordpress does best - blog/news.

I saw this plugin:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/nobita-social-groups-teams-guilds-clubs.2875/

It looks like it might accomplish what Buddypress did out of the box. I want a place where my members can create their own area on my site for their guild/clan/group. Ideally, they will have full control over this "area" of the site. It seems like the plugin can do most of this, but I am not 100% sure. I was wanting to know if anyone here has experience with the plugin or the author of the plugin?

I am also looking for a good "points" system that I can award users for activity and they can redeem them in a "virtual store" or a "raffle" type of system. I operated a small community on SMF years ago, and it had a virtual store where people could buy little icons that would display in their forum profile. They could trade/gift those items if they wished. I was using myCred on Wordpress.

Thanks for the feedback, looking forward to hearing from you all.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Nobita is a responsive developer and that is important. I'd say that is the way to go. Let us know how it works out.