• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Iron Man 3

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Screen Shot 2012-05-31 at 10.00.13 PM.png

Source: Comic Book Movie

Ah - the May 2013 release is being filmed in North Carolina - and leaks are happening all of the time.

Photos of the Iron Patriot on set have circulated around the Internet - with many people are curious as to how the writers will spin the story. Sony, after all, owns Spiderman and the Iron Patriot [in the comics] is worn by Norman Osborn.

This should make for a few interesting twists.

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
Is that a balloon painted to look like something else to amuse the 23 to 35 year old kiddies who have discretionary money to go to a Saturday morning movie? I thought we are in a tightening economy with increasing unemployment. Where does discretionary spending to support such fantasy come from?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I don't recall where this truism came from - or whether it is real - but movie going increases as the economy goes down.

Regardless, here is the largest scale study I could find:

experian simmons.PNG

Related to your comment: Adults over the age of 50 represent the largest segment. :D

experian simmons adults.PNG

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
I don't know the origin either, but I remember hearing it before the start of WWII. Yes, I remember then. Aren't I lucky!