1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Man 3

Discussion in 'Movies' started by LPH, May 31, 2012.

1. LPH

LPH Flight Director Flight Instructor

Screen Shot 2012-05-31 at 10.00.13 PM.png
    Source: Comic Book Movie

Ah - the May 2013 release is being filmed in North Carolina - and leaks are happening all of the time.

Photos of the Iron Patriot on set have circulated around the Internet - with many people are curious as to how the writers will spin the story. Sony, after all, owns Spiderman and the Iron Patriot [in the comics] is worn by Norman Osborn.

This should make for a few interesting twists.

2. Robert Heiny

Robert Heiny Research Scientist of Learning and Education Flight Instructor

Is that a balloon painted to look like something else to amuse the 23 to 35 year old kiddies who have discretionary money to go to a Saturday morning movie? I thought we are in a tightening economy with increasing unemployment. Where does discretionary spending to support such fantasy come from?

3. LPH

LPH Flight Director Flight Instructor

I don't recall where this truism came from - or whether it is real - but movie going increases as the economy goes down.

Regardless, here is the largest scale study I could find:

experian simmons.PNG

Related to your comment: Adults over the age of 50 represent the largest segment. :D

experian simmons adults.PNG

4. Robert Heiny

Robert Heiny Research Scientist of Learning and Education Flight Instructor

I don't know the origin either, but I remember hearing it before the start of WWII. Yes, I remember then. Aren't I lucky!