• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Integration Questions

Nick Delmacy

Baby Bird
I'm leaning towards a Lifetime License. However my 2 year old site has hundreds of existing users (with tons of blog comments) and my new Xenforo site has 15 or so users (beta testing phase for select members). Wondering if merging/transferring the users will be a hassle and if some kind of tutorial is provided with the Xenword software. Basically I have a few integration related questions.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Hi

Yes, this would take time to configure. Once the plugin is activated then all account information is done through XenForo initially -- then copied into the WordPress database. The biggest issue would be aligning all of the IDs and user_ids -- meaning database work. It's all possible but would take a long time to map out then do it. This has been done on sites with over 1 million users but the developer wrote a script first :)

So you are aware, I've halted sales until a new version is released.

Nick Delmacy

Baby Bird
Hi

Yes, this would take time to configure. Once the plugin is activated then all account information is done through XenForo initially -- then copied into the WordPress database. The biggest issue would be aligning all of the IDs and user_ids -- meaning database work. It's all possible but would take a long time to map out then do it. This has been done on sites with over 1 million users but the developer wrote a script first :)

So you are aware, I've halted sales until a new version is released.

Okay, thanks! Sorry to hear about the development issues. I just grabbed the trial version earlier today and started reading up on how to set up the user_ids in both databases to sync up with each other. Was going to start prepping tomorrow and then purchase soon after. Looks like that won't be possible now. My main desire was for users to have a single login. Cross-posting and all that isn't a major concern as I'm fine with users posting either on the blog or in the forums manually.

Reactions: LPH