• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Integration question?

DeltaRaider

Baby Bird
I just had afew questions before I decide to purchase.

I understand that the login and registration goes through the xenforo platform? Is there any way that can be changed so users can signup through wordpress and the user be integrated into xenforo?

If thats not possible, is there any way that members that signup also can have all of the wordpress features such as buddypress and other features that members would have if they just signed up at a regular wordpress website?

Thanks for the help :)

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
I understand that the login and registration goes through the xenforo platform?

Correct.

Is there any way that can be changed so users can signup through wordpress and the user be integrated into xenforo?

Not at this time. @LPH has a file with code but it is not connected in this way. It's a future feature -- a long ways away.

If thats not possible, is there any way that members that signup also can have all of the wordpress features such as buddypress and other features that members would have if they just signed up at a regular wordpress website?

The XenForo member information may be copied over to WordPress. In turn, this information may become available for other WordPress plugins. I haven't specifically tried BuddyPress but there are sites using XenWord that also use BuddyPress. Maybe I should set something up over the weekend. :)

DeltaRaider

Baby Bird
Thanks for the quick response :)

When you say "copy" do you mean that members that signup can automatically have their information copied over to wordpress along with information that works with other plugins, or do you mean I have to manually copy users over myself?

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
When you say "copy" do you mean that members that signup can automatically have their information copied over to wordpress along with information that works with other plugins

Yes. This is an option to turn on copying of XenForo members to WordPress.

Keep in mind, everything is done by user_id (XF) and ID (WP).

Gracie

Dogs Times Writer
Installed BuddyPress on a development environment. The only challenge was a WordPress account wasn't linking properly to the activity stream. The account had been made on the development environment a long time ago. As soon as I deleted it in WordPress and let XenWord recreate the account then it worked fine. No clue why the account wasn't being seen by BuddyPress initially.

DeltaRaider

Baby Bird
Thanks for the information, If it worked with buddypress, then I assume it will work with other softwares such as User Pro!

Thanks for the answers again :)

artofwargaming

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Buddypress integration would be really awesome. I originally wanted to move away from it, but if Xenword can integrate with BP, then my website suite will be complete :)

artofwargaming

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
Installed BuddyPress on a development environment. The only challenge was a WordPress account wasn't linking properly to the activity stream. The account had been made on the development environment a long time ago. As soon as I deleted it in WordPress and let XenWord recreate the account then it worked fine. No clue why the account wasn't being seen by BuddyPress initially.

Does this mean that Buddypress does work with Xenword out of the box??

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Does this mean that Buddypress does work with Xenword out of the box??

I haven't played with BP for almost 3 years and it looks like Gracie only did a quick installation. I'd hesitate in stating they work together.

artofwargaming

Teen Bird
XenWord Professional
I haven't played with BP for almost 3 years and it looks like Gracie only did a quick installation. I'd hesitate in stating they work together.

All I would be interested in would be to show the user's forum activity in their BP activity stream. I'm not too worried about it if it isn't possible.