1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE8 will not open

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer' started by Bryo, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Bryo

Bryo Flightless Bird

Internet Explorer updated on computer to version 8. I am running windows7 on
    the computer and the problem is when I hit the icon nothing opens. The icon
    will appear in the task bar and task manager will show the IE8 is running but
    no page appears. I have reloaded windows 7 several times and the problems
    continutes. I suggestions??

2. philo

philo Flightless Bird

Bryo wrote:
    > Internet Explorer updated on computer to version 8. I am running windows7 on
    > the computer and the problem is when I hit the icon nothing opens. The icon
    > will appear in the task bar and task manager will show the IE8 is running but
    > no page appears. I have reloaded windows 7 several times and the problems
    > continutes. I suggestions??

go into the control panel and uninstall IE8

3. G. R. Woodring

G. R. Woodring Flightless Bird

Try running IE8 in no add-ons mode, this will detewrmin if an add-on is
    interfering with IE8. Right-click IE icon and select (No Add-ons). If IE8 now
    works you can disable add-ons under [Tools]>[Manage Add-ons] then re-enable them
    until the problem returns, you have then found the culprit. Remove or update
    that add-on. HINT: Toolbar add-ons are a common source of problems.

Windows 7 _comes_ with IE8 so it could not have updated to version 8. You may
    have installed an update _for_ IE8.
    Check in Add and Remove programs for recent updates, you may need to check the
    box "[X]Show Updates" to see them. The most recent on my system is KB978506, I
    have Windows XP but the updates for IE8 should be the same number. Un-install
    that update to see if it was the cause.

--
    G. R. Woodring

Date: 2/7/2010 4:29 PM, Author: Bryo Wrote:
    > Internet Explorer updated on computer to version 8. I am running windows7 on
    > the computer and the problem is when I hit the icon nothing opens. The icon
    > will appear in the task bar and task manager will show the IE8 is running but
    > no page appears. I have reloaded windows 7 several times and the problems
    > continutes. I suggestions??