1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE8 Doesn't close properly

Discussion in 'Internet Explorer' started by MagickWand, Feb 13, 2010.

  1. MagickWand

    MagickWand Flightless Bird

    Two questions:
    1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
    2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
    "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
    dialog box? (see attachment)
     
  2. Leonard Grey

    Leonard Grey Flightless Bird

    When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
    anyone to offer specific advice.

    Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
    recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
    1- an incompatible add-on;
    2- incorrect configuration settings;
    3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
    4- malware infection.
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    MagickWand wrote:
    > Two questions:
    > 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
    > 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
    > "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
    > dialog box? (see attachment)
     
  3. Nasser

    Nasser Flightless Bird

    After two or three clicks the message (not responding) appears on the title
    bar. I deleted all cokies and temp files, also, disabled all adds-on. The
    problem peresists! Any suggestion? ... many thanks.



    "Leonard Grey" wrote:

    > When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
    > anyone to offer specific advice.
    >
    > Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
    > recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
    > 1- an incompatible add-on;
    > 2- incorrect configuration settings;
    > 3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
    > 4- malware infection.
    > ---
    > Leonard Grey
    > Errare humanum est
    >
    > MagickWand wrote:
    > > Two questions:
    > > 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
    > > 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
    > > "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
    > > dialog box? (see attachment)

    > .
    >
     
  4. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    PA Bear [MS MVP] Flightless Bird

    Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
    Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
    when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
    reply.

    1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

    => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
    Explorer (No add-ons).

    Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
    IE8 in all OSS]
    http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx

    2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?
    Vista or WinXP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
    Win7:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

    3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
    subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
    What third-party firewall (if any)? If Vista or WinXP: Were any of these
    applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

    4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
    machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought
    it)?
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


    Nasser wrote:
    > After two or three clicks the message (not responding) appears on the
    > title
    > bar. I deleted all cokies and temp files, also, disabled all adds-on. The
    > problem peresists! Any suggestion? ... many thanks.
    >
    > "Leonard Grey" wrote:
    >> When you provide so little detail in your question, it's impossible for
    >> anyone to offer specific advice.
    >>
    >> Experience has shown that virtually every problem encountered with
    >> recent versions of Internet Explorer is caused by one or more of:
    >> 1- an incompatible add-on;
    >> 2- incorrect configuration settings;
    >> 3- incorrect installation (if the browser was installed by the user); and
    >> 4- malware infection.
    >>
    >> MagickWand wrote:
    >>> Two questions:
    >>> 1. Can someone explain why IE8 crashes 99% of the time?
    >>> 2. Why is iexplore.exe still running 30 minutes after it crashed and the
    >>> "Close Program" was clicked on the "Internet Explorer is Not Responding"
    >>> dialog box? (see attachment)

    >> .
     

Share This Page