• Welcome to Tux Reports: Where Penguins Fly. We hope you find the topics varied, interesting, and worthy of your time. Please become a member and join in the discussions.

Developing Story Huntsman Drops Out

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Huntsman.PNG

According to a tweet by Associated Press, John Huntsman conceded prior to the South Carolina primary. The idea of Mr. Huntsman dropping out was expected, but not before the primary. According to sources, the campaign was out of money and unable to buy ad spots.

Huntsman is expected to endorse Mitt Romney.

NY Times
Matt David, campaign manager to Mr. Huntsman, confirmed the decision in an interview Sunday evening. “The governor and his family, at this point in the race, decided it was time for Republicans to rally around a candidate who could beat Barack Obama and turn around the economy,” Mr. David said. “That candidate is Gov. Mitt Romney.”

LA Times
polls showed him trailing the other five Republican hopefuls ahead of Saturday's primary in South Carolina.

Politico
"It was entirely a family decision," said the source.

Earlier today, The State endorsed Mr. Huntsman. Oops.

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
Morning Joe puts together clips about Jon Huntsman.

Joe: "The only true conservative."

Robert Heiny

Research Scientist of Learning and Education
Flight Instructor
I'm disappointed that he quit. He seemed to have a cogent message with experience to back it up. I wonder how much his religious affilitation had to do with his disfavor by voters?

LPH

Flight Director
Flight Instructor
I'm disappointed that he quit. He seemed to have a cogent message with experience to back it up. I wonder how much his religious affilitation had to do with his disfavor by voters?

His religion wasn't a topic, rather the competitors went after him working as an Ambassador. Joe S. suggests he is going to get ready for 2016.