1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you download Windows Movie Maker?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cjroads, Feb 25, 2010.

  1. cjroads

    cjroads Flightless Bird

    Hello,

    My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated
    windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is
    another way I can download Windows Movie Maker?

    Thanks for you time,

    CJ
     
  2. olfart

    olfart Flightless Bird

    "cjroads" <cjroads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:09543682-7630-4B5C-855F-A79190B77D05@microsoft.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated
    > windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is
    > another way I can download Windows Movie Maker?
    >
    > Thanks for you time,
    >
    > CJ


    did you try Google?
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...e+download&aq=1&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=windows+movie
     
  3. Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]

    Russ SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] Flightless Bird

    Movie Maker for XP comes with SP2 (Details)
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

    You say no Success? meaning you can't down load SP2?
    If so you can order a CD from here
    https://om2.one.microsoft.com/opa/C...e890e6b4f5b&LocaleCode=en-us&JavaScriptOn=yes

    Russ

    --
    Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP]
    MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC
    Microsoft Certified Small Business Specialist
    SBS2003 SBS2008 Support - www.SBITS.Biz
    Question or Second Opinion - www.PersonalITConsultant.com
    Free Trial Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com


    "cjroads" <cjroads@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:09543682-7630-4B5C-855F-A79190B77D05@microsoft.com...
    > Hello,
    >
    > My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated
    > windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is
    > another way I can download Windows Movie Maker?
    >
    > Thanks for you time,
    >
    > CJ
     
  4. John Inzer

    John Inzer Flightless Bird

    cjroads wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've
    > updated windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no
    > success. Is another way I can download Windows Movie Maker?
    >
    > Thanks for you time,
    >
    > CJ

    =============================
    First...try the following...

    Go to...Start / Run...

    In the Run box...type or copy/paste:

    moviemk.exe

    Press Enter...

    Movie Maker should launch...

    If not...have a look at the following article:

    Movie Maker 2.1 Installation
    http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Setup-Software-2_1.html

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk
     
  5. PA Bear [MS MVP]

    PA Bear [MS MVP] Flightless Bird

    Did you just now "download" SP2 and did it install?

    cjroads wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My computer for some reason doesn't have Windows Movie Maker. I've updated
    > windows and downloaded Windows XP Service Pack 2...with no success. Is
    > another way I can download Windows Movie Maker?
    >
    > Thanks for you time,
    >
    > CJ
     
  6. Toni

    Toni Flightless Bird

    What version of Win XP do you have?

    I think MovieMaker comes only with Windows XP Pro, and that it's not in Windows XP Home.
     
  7. C

    C Flightless Bird

    Toni wrote:
    > What version of Win XP do you have?
    >
    > I think MovieMaker comes only with Windows XP Pro, and that it's not in Windows XP Home.
    >
    >
    >


    False. I have a machine with XP Home that came with it. Course, it has
    SP3 installed. That said, it's a very frustrating program to deal with
    if you want to do anything big with it. It hangs constantly.

    --

    C
     
  8. John Inzer

    John Inzer Flightless Bird

    Toni wrote:
    > What version of Win XP do you have?
    >
    > I think MovieMaker comes only with Windows XP Pro, and that it's not
    > in Windows XP Home.

    =======================================
    FWIW...all versions of Win XP include Movie Maker.

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk
     
  9. Bob I

    Bob I Flightless Bird

  10. John Inzer

    John Inzer Flightless Bird

    Bob I wrote:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/moviemaker2.mspx

    =================================
    FWIW...that's just a link for Win XP SP2...

    I suspect the OP will find Movie Maker 2.1
    when the moviemk.exe command is executed.

    --

    J. Inzer MS-MVP
    Digital Media Experience

    Notice
    This is not tech support
    I am a volunteer

    Solutions that work for
    me may not work for you

    Proceed at your own risk
     
  11. Toni

    Toni Flightless Bird

Share This Page