1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Lord Vetinari, Jan 27, 2010.

  1. Lord Vetinari

    Lord Vetinari Flightless Bird

    Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps it
    could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for a major
    university pays dividends.

    --
    Who sent yer?'
    'I come from the city,' said the figure, drawing a thin, silvery sword.
    'Who are yer?'
    'Think of me as... your future.
     
  2. Giga News

    Giga News Flightless Bird

    Hope you can stay that happy. I have been working with Microsoft OS since
    MSDOS 3 something and have never has as many problems with an OS as I have
    with Windows 7. Thinking about reformatting and going back to Vista.

    "Lord Vetinari" <ghod@att.net> wrote in message
    news:hjpuab$hge$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    > Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps it
    > could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for a
    > major university pays dividends.
    >
    > --
    > Who sent yer?'
    > 'I come from the city,' said the figure, drawing a thin, silvery sword.
    > 'Who are yer?'
    > 'Think of me as... your future.
    >
     
  3. ray

    ray Flightless Bird

    On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:

    > Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    > it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for
    > a major university pays dividends.


    That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    would be free.

    Have a nice day.
     
  4. Philo F. Shagnasty

    Philo F. Shagnasty Flightless Bird

    "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >
    >> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for
    >> a major university pays dividends.

    >
    > That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    > would be free.
    >
    > Have a nice day.


    The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that most
    reject as garbage.
     
  5. Sanity

    Sanity Flightless Bird

    "Giga News" <jbsp@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    news:j8Kdnf8mqPb-Of3WnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d@giganews.com...
    > Hope you can stay that happy. I have been working with Microsoft OS since
    > MSDOS 3 something and have never has as many problems with an OS as I have
    > with Windows 7. Thinking about reformatting and going back to Vista.
    >
    > "Lord Vetinari" <ghod@att.net> wrote in message
    > news:hjpuab$hge$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for a
    >> major university pays dividends.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Who sent yer?'
    >> 'I come from the city,' said the figure, drawing a thin, silvery sword.
    >> 'Who are yer?'
    >> 'Think of me as... your future.
    >>


    That's funny. I installed Windows 7 on two computer that I own. A desktop
    and a laptop. Went in seamlessly and I haven't had one problem so far. Is
    it possible your computer doesn't have enough memory or hard drive space to
    accommodate the install?
     
  6. Alias

    Alias Flightless Bird

    Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >
    > "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    > news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>
    >>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for
    >>> a major university pays dividends.

    >>
    >> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >> would be free.
    >>
    >> Have a nice day.

    >
    > The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that
    > most reject as garbage.
    >
    >


    Most people reject YOU as garbage.

    --
    Alias
     
  7. Frank

    Frank Flightless Bird

    Alias wrote:
    > Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for
    >>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>
    >>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >>> would be free.
    >>>
    >>> Have a nice day.

    >>
    >> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that
    >> most reject as garbage.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >

    Oh the irony!
     
  8. Ned Flanders

    Ned Flanders Flightless Bird

    On 1/27/10 12:38 PM, Giga News wrote:
    > Hope you can stay that happy. I have been working with Microsoft OS
    > since MSDOS 3 something and have never has as many problems with an OS
    > as I have with Windows 7. Thinking about reformatting and going back to
    > Vista.


    My first PC came with DOS1.1

    You must have skipped Windows 98 and Windows ME

    I held out and jumped from Windows ME to XP-SP1 I have not had to repair
    or reinstall my desktop since. I skipped Vista and my newest laptop came
    with Windows 7. Win 7 has been solid...
     
  9. Chris Ahlstrom

    Chris Ahlstrom Flightless Bird

    Sanity pulled this Usenet boner:

    > That's funny. I installed Windows 7 on two computer that I own. A desktop
    > and a laptop. Went in seamlessly and I haven't had one problem so far. Is
    > it possible your computer doesn't have enough memory or hard drive space to
    > accommodate the install?


    I have Win 7 Pro on a laptop. It is okay, but it is still Windows.

    It has minor issues with slowdowns/hourglass.

    The GUI has a few ugly seams, in my opinion.

    Lots of features, of course. Glad I could skip Vista.

    Disclaimer: I prefer Linux.

    --
    You will have a long and boring life.
     
  10. Alias

    Alias Flightless Bird

    Frank wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro
    >>>>> upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working
    >>>>> for
    >>>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>>
    >>>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >>>> would be free.
    >>>>
    >>>> Have a nice day.
    >>>
    >>> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that
    >>> most reject as garbage.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >>

    > Oh the irony!


    Yeah, considering the garbage you spew, really ironic.

    --
    Alias
     
  11. Frank

    Frank Flightless Bird

    Alias wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >>> Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro
    >>>>>> upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal.
    >>>>>> Working for
    >>>>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >>>>> would be free.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Have a nice day.
    >>>>
    >>>> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu
    >>>> that most reject as garbage.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >>>

    >> Oh the irony!

    >
    > Yeah, considering the garbage you spew, really ironic.
    >

    And you think you're fooling who, fool?
    Big oops!
     
  12. Alias

    Alias Flightless Bird

    Frank wrote:
    > Alias wrote:
    >> Frank wrote:
    >>> Alias wrote:
    >>>> Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >>>>> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>>>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro
    >>>>>>> upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>>>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal.
    >>>>>>> Working for
    >>>>>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's
    >>>>>> better
    >>>>>> would be free.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Have a nice day.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu
    >>>>> that most reject as garbage.
    >>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >>>>
    >>> Oh the irony!

    >>
    >> Yeah, considering the garbage you spew, really ironic.
    >>

    > And you think you're fooling who, fool?
    > Big oops!


    All anyone has to do is read your posts to know what I say is true.

    --
    Alias
     
  13. Lord Vetinari

    Lord Vetinari Flightless Bird

    > "Lord Vetinari" <ghod@att.net> wrote in message
    > news:hjpuab$hge$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    >> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for a
    >> major university pays dividends.

    "Giga News" <jbsp@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    news:j8Kdnf8mqPb-Of3WnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d@giganews.com...
    > Hope you can stay that happy.


    You've not been paying attention. I've been running Win7 RC since last
    spring, without any problems. A few weeks ago, I added Ubuntu 9.10, and
    once I've finished backing up my HD, I'll wipe it clean, prolly install XP
    Pro, then Win7, and then Ubuntu. Yum. All I need now, is a Catweasel.

    > I have been working with Microsoft OS since MSDOS 3 something and have
    > never has as many problems with an OS as I have with Windows 7. Thinking
    > about reformatting and going back to Vista.


    Sounds like a personal problem. Win7 is by far the best OS MS has ever put
    out.
     
  14. Philo F. Shagnasty

    Philo F. Shagnasty Flightless Bird

    "Alias" <Alias@nospam.com.invalid> wrote in message
    news:hjqiam$tks$2@news.eternal-september.org...
    > Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for
    >>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>
    >>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >>> would be free.
    >>>
    >>> Have a nice day.

    >>
    >> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that
    >> most reject as garbage.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >
    > --
    > Alias


    HA HA HA HA - Very funny coming from the biggest troll stoner in this forum.
    When we want your opinion, we will beat it out of you.
     
  15. ray

    ray Flightless Bird

    On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:21:14 -0800, Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:

    > "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    > news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>
    >>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro
    >>> upgrade.....perhaps it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a
    >>> good deal. Working for a major university pays dividends.

    >>
    >> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >> would be free.
    >>
    >> Have a nice day.

    >
    > The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that
    > most reject as garbage.


    Whatever floats your boat. Many folks find Ubuntu to be fine and MS to be
    INFERIOR. Personally, I prefer Debian to Ubuntu, but I think we're
    getting a bit far afield here.
     
  16. Alias

    Alias Flightless Bird

    Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >
    >
    > "Alias" <Alias@nospam.com.invalid> wrote in message
    > news:hjqiam$tks$2@news.eternal-september.org...
    >> Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >>> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro
    >>>>> upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working
    >>>>> for
    >>>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>>
    >>>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >>>> would be free.
    >>>>
    >>>> Have a nice day.
    >>>
    >>> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that
    >>> most reject as garbage.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Alias

    >
    > HA HA HA HA - Very funny coming from the biggest troll stoner in this
    > forum. When we want your opinion, we will beat it out of you.
    >
    >


    You're the one who spends his day making fun of a person who became
    mentally challenged serving his country. You can't get much lower than
    that on Usenet, Mr Garbage.

    --
    Alias
     
  17. Lord Vetinari

    Lord Vetinari Flightless Bird

    "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    > On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >
    >> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for
    >> a major university pays dividends.

    >
    > That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    > would be free.


    heheh. I got tired of waiting for an unspecified length of time - after 24
    hours, I just had to call them, and ask how long I'd be waiting for
    it....turned out to have been delivered to them 20 minutes previously. NOW,
    I have it in my hot little hands. I'd forgotten, it isn't Win7 Pro, it's
    Win7 Ultimate upgrade edition.

    Check this out - they put a sticker on the back of the package:
    "In order for online activation to work, Windows XP or Vista must be on the
    hard drive when you boot from the Windows 7 DVD. You may format the drive
    during setup if desired.
    If XP of Vista is not on the hard drive when setup launches, you will need
    to leave the key field blank to complete the install and activate by phone
    at 866-234-6020 to provide proof of an upgrade-qualifying license."

    D'oh! I'm glad I know better. I wonder why CITES feels the need to
    misinform their customers? Surely they're not as ignorant as all that, are
    they?
     
  18. Lord Vetinari

    Lord Vetinari Flightless Bird

    "Philo F. Shagnasty" <philo@shagnasty.org> wrote in message
    news:4b60ae59@news.x-privat.org...
    > "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    > news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>
    >>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro upgrade.....perhaps
    >>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working for
    >>> a major university pays dividends.

    >>
    >> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >> would be free.
    >>
    >> Have a nice day.

    >
    > The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that most
    > reject as garbage.


    Take my advice, son, FOAD. Especially the "D" part. I've been using Ubuntu
    for years, puppy.
     
  19. Frank

    Frank Flightless Bird

    Alias wrote:
    > Frank wrote:
    >> Alias wrote:
    >>> Frank wrote:
    >>>> Alias wrote:
    >>>>> Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >>>>>> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>>>>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro
    >>>>>>>> upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>>>>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal.
    >>>>>>>> Working for
    >>>>>>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's
    >>>>>>> better
    >>>>>>> would be free.
    >>>>>>>
    >>>>>>> Have a nice day.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu
    >>>>>> that most reject as garbage.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >>>>>
    >>>> Oh the irony!
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, considering the garbage you spew, really ironic.
    >>>

    >> And you think you're fooling who, fool?
    >> Big oops!

    >
    > All anyone has to do is read your posts to know what I say is true.
    >

    You and the truth are total strangers. Total!
     
  20. Philo F. Shagnasty

    Philo F. Shagnasty Flightless Bird

    "Alias" <Alias@nospam.com.invalid> wrote in message
    news:hjskni$mjn$1@news.eternal-september.org...
    > Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> "Alias" <Alias@nospam.com.invalid> wrote in message
    >> news:hjqiam$tks$2@news.eternal-september.org...
    >>> Philo F. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> "ray" <ray@zianet.com> wrote in message
    >>>> news:7sbo3eFffuU6@mid.individual.net...
    >>>>> On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:48:58 -0600, Lord Vetinari wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> Lucky, lucky me. I have finally purchased Win7 Pro
    >>>>>> upgrade.....perhaps
    >>>>>> it could be gotten cheaper, but $80 is really a good deal. Working
    >>>>>> for
    >>>>>> a major university pays dividends.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> That's a great deal. About the only thing I can think of that's better
    >>>>> would be free.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Have a nice day.
    >>>>
    >>>> The good thing about that is he isn't using that INFERIOR Ubuntu that
    >>>> most reject as garbage.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>> Most people reject YOU as garbage.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Alias

    >>
    >> HA HA HA HA - Very funny coming from the biggest troll stoner in this
    >> forum. When we want your opinion, we will beat it out of you.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > You're the one who spends his day making fun of a person who became
    > mentally challenged serving his country. You can't get much lower than
    > that on Usenet, Mr Garbage.
    >
    > --
    > Alias


    So says you. He has enough "brains" to post idiotic stuff about Ubuntu in
    the Vista forum so he is open game to be put down. If he were that
    "disabled" then he wouldn't have the ability to post the shit he does. He
    follows the right wing news and reports on it almost daily. Therefore he is
    full of shit. I think he says he's disabled so people will leave him alone.

    Therefore you are just as gullible as the rest, and on top of that, you use
    an INFERIOR OS that most reject. HA HA HA.
     

Share This Page